Sponsored

Mopar tailgate reinforcement and CB antenna mount

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
Sorry to revive. I am doing the same thing as op. Everything is working great when I am parked, but the signal starts cutting out as soon as I go a little faster than 5 mph. Do you all know why?
Sponsored

tomk62

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sahara Anvil, 2019 Cherokee
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Sorry to revive. I am doing the same thing as op. Everything is working great when I am parked, but the signal starts cutting out as soon as I go a little faster than 5 mph. Do you all know why?
Can you give more details? Not sure what you mean by "signal starts cutting out".

Mark75H

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wranger Sport V6 MT Astro AWD Kaw550Ltd
Occupation
HVAC Tech
Bad/weak connection somewhere. Review them all.

PriamX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 CJ-2A, 2019 JLU
Same as the OP? I did mine the same way too. An easy check if it's caused by wind on the antenna: fire up your CB, and use your hand to start gently pushing the antenna backwards and see if it becomes intermittent (or cuts out entirely). What you're looking to expose here is a connectivity issue at the antenna mount.

There are several parts back there that all need to have solid connections: the quick release, the spring, the fire-ring having a good ground to the tailgate, and, of course, the bolt fastening it all to the tailgate.
Sponsored