Sponsored

Mopar Maximum Care. Good deal?

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
No, its not a good deal. No extended warranty is ever a good deal. How else do you think they make money off of them?
There is an aftermarket for every component on your Jeep. If something breaks, upgrade it!
Take that 2k and put it in an interest earning account. If you never have to use it, GREAT! If you do, its there and youve earned a little on it.
Sponsored

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I personally don't buy extended warrantees and have never had to spend big dollars on any vehicle that I have owned. For those who purchase them and modify your Jeep it seems like several claims have been rejected because the vehicle is not stock as built from the factory. I can't verify this, but just what I read on this forum. Extended warrantees are a high profit tool for the dealer at the time of closing the new deal and it's just adding more money to your finance fees.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Check with Tom before you buy.

Tom Winkels
Hayes Jeep
Kalamazoo, Mi 49001
269-488-2080
[email protected]
I got mine through Tom, his price was $300ish cheaper than ChryslerWarrantyDirect.

I personally don't buy extended warrantees and have never had to spend big dollars on any vehicle that I have owned. For those who purchase them and modify your Jeep it seems like several claims have been rejected because the vehicle is not stock as built from the factory. I can't verify this, but just what I read on this forum. Extended warrantees are a high profit tool for the dealer at the time of closing the new deal and it's just adding more money to your finance fees.
How many of those past vehicles were JL's?

I've never bought an extended warranty before either, and i've only regretted it one time. That said, I got a warranty for my JL.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Tom emailed me back in a few minutes, but I was on the road so just posting now…

Your price from me for the Mopar Max Care since still under 12k mikes .....$100 deductible/$200 deductible....
8/100K miles-is $1790/$1475.
Leaning towards $200 deductible if I do anything.

Checked my Geico policy and I can add MBI for only $5/month. That would be a lot less over 8 years if rate stays the same..

https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Is there any fine print that says high voltage items NOT covered ?
The E- torque has 8/80 from the factory ( federal mandate) and the powertrain factory is 5/60, so having a factory warranty that covers everything that falls in between is peace of mind insurance, priceless. Labor Rates of $100 plus per hour, plus diagnosis fees makes factory warranty a " must". Gone are the days when we could diagnose and repair at home, today's vehicles are far too complex for that.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Tom emailed me back in a few minutes, but I was on the road so just posting now…

Leaning towards $200 deductible if I do anything.

Checked my Geico policy and I can add MBI for only $5/month. That would be a lot less over 8 years if rate stays the same..

https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/
MBI is risky. With MaxCare you pay up front, and that's it. Doesn't matter what happens in the next 8 years, your price is paid and they can't change that. It also doesn't matter how many claims you have. MBI's premium can (and will) change at any time. Just ask Subaru and Nissan owners. Furthermore, you are stuck with Geico for insurance too. When you get that rate bump you gotta bend over, or forfeit your warranty...and if you are out of factory warranty at that point you're screwed cause you can't just go and sign up for MaxCare once the factory warranty expires.

That said, I also wouldn't do the $200 deductible MaxCare deal. $100 max. You'll make up the different in initial cost pretty quickly. I'm also not sure i'd go for 8 years of coverage. If you get to 5-6 years and you have had a good experience (meaning you haven't had to use the warranty much), it's unlikely that it's going to get any worse. Conversely, if by that point you've REALLY had to lean on the warranty, you'll most certainly be looking to get out of the Wrangler ASAP. That's a personal evaluation though so maybe it's not at all how you look at it.

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I purchased mine from https://jeepfactorywarranty.com. The process was straightforward, I financed it through them and paid it off 3 months later.

I paid $3,180 with a $100 deductible until March 2028, unlimited mileage.

My dealer charged me over $5,000 for a warranty with a bunch of extra crap and it was only for 75,000 miles. The finance manager covered the mileage/costs/etc, I got tired of dealing with it and just went with it and canceled it literally the next day and got a full refund.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just remember that Mopar Warranties start from the in- service date and miles already on the vehicle.
So subtract the 3/36 from the year and miles the purchased warranty states ; 8/85 actually is 5/49.
Still good, but misleading.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
With all of the electronic nightmares possibly failing, and for peace of mind, yes take out the extended warranty Insurance policy. Just make sure that it is a Mopar Policy, because most of the third party policy's, aren't worth the paper that they are wrote on..IMO

Last edited:

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
With all of the electronic nightmares possibly failing, and for peace of mind, yes take out the extended warranty Insurance policy. Just make sure that it is a Mopar Policy, because most of the third party policy's, aren't worth the paper that they are wrote on..IMO
It's really about how you drive. I bought my JK Nov 2014. By March 2021 I had 135,000 miles. The engine blew (twice, once under warranty and once outside) up costing me $3000 to fix (And Jeep covered the cost of the parts). If you aren't going to put 30,000 miles on your vehicle in a year, probably don't need it.

I got my 2021 JLU March 2021 and already put 18,000 miles. This is why I opted for unlimited mileage.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
It's really about how you drive. I bought my JK Nov 2014. By March 2021 I had 135,000 miles. The engine blew (twice, once under warranty and once outside) up costing me $3000 to fix (And Jeep covered the cost of the parts). If you aren't going to put 30,000 miles on your vehicle in a year, probably don't need it.

I got my 2021 JLU March 2021 and already put 18,000 miles. This is why I opted for unlimited mileage.
Yep, agree...Mileage, Maintenance, Climate, and how heavy on the foot that one is. Plus usage, Mall Crawler, Rock Crawler, or Mudder....

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
that's the online price from the link above.
Stated Mileage 24,000 - 36,000 Miles makes the warranty more expensive. I will second the recommendastion for Tom Winkels, saved me a few hundred off the linked website, and over a thousand from the dealer!
Sponsored