jimbobbeg

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I was considering doing the exact same thing
I've already done a "before" dyno run and will be doing the "after" run next week. I also have the aFe cat-back exhaust including their Y-pipe.
Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Just a little note about using a grinding wheel on aluminum. The reason why you NEVER want to cut aluminum this way is not the hardness. Aluminum is soft and "Loads" the wheel with pieces of the metal. This can cause the grinding wheel to become off balance and explode. Same goes for grinding aluminum on any grinder. You need special wheels. I have been in the manufacturing business for over 40 years and cutting aluminum with any standard grinder is forbidden.

OP
OP
BrntWS6

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Just a little note about using a grinding wheel on aluminum. The reason why you NEVER want to cut aluminum this way is not the hardness. Aluminum is soft and "Loads" the wheel with pieces of the metal. This can cause the grinding wheel to become off balance and explode. Same goes for grinding aluminum on any grinder. You need special wheels. I have been in the manufacturing business for over 40 years and cutting aluminum with any standard grinder is forbidden.

Looks like silicon carbide is the better choice. Not sure if those are available for a dremel or not. Fortunately it cut fine for me.

Sponsored

jimbobbeg

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I was considering doing the exact same thing
Well, I got the "after" dyno pull done today. I was pleasantly surprised. Jack is a 2019 JLUR 3.6 with AT.

I added the aFe Momentum GT intake with ProGuard 7 filter and the aFe Rebel 2 1/2'" 409 Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust plus the Twisted Steel Stainless Y-pipe.

Before: 48 degrees, 38% humidity, 11/19/2019
After: 70 degrees, 35% humidity, 5/28/2020

Net peak increase of nearly 14 hp. Peak torque is the same, but better at higher RPMs. Nearly identical to stock in both HP and torque until around 4800 RPMs which is also the point where a/f ratio drops. I'm not sure how to interpret that. I'll ask the guys at the dyno shop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar CAI install with hood vent cut. JackDyno

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I must be the only one here who is happy with the stock set up. :)

The engine has so much power I have to control my heavy leg all the time and once you get used to the front solid axle then it rides like a Caddy.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Those are the main points people want addressed so I will post the videos below. Also I could care less if you subscribe, wife started the channel. I don't even like being filmed but I enjoy posting jeep related videos to help people.

"Couldn't care less", sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine. Jeep on! :)
Sponsored