2018 JL Vented Hood Install

dwc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport-S
The JL Steel Vented Hoods are finally coming out this month (November 2019) and will be available for JL owners with non-vented hoods to swap out for vents exactly like the Rubicon has, so just ordered mine at Quadratec. I am wondering if there is any market for the plain hood take off? Mine will be completely intact with all the small parts and silencer pad, as I ordered all of that new with the new vented hood. I'm probably dreaming, but looking for maybe $400 plus freight. It's factory Black, in excellent used condition and has a bug deflector installed that will go with it. Does anyone know of any potential warranty issues if I just install it myself after painting? Or perhaps due to warranty problems, maybe the steeler dealer has to do that? What do you think? Thanks.
Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
The JL Steel Vented Hoods are finally coming out this month (November 2019) and will be available for JL owners with non-vented hoods to swap out for vents exactly like the Rubicon has, so just ordered mine at Quadratec. I am wondering if there is any market for the plain hood take off? Mine will be completely intact with all the small parts and silencer pad, as I ordered all of that new with the new vented hood. I'm probably dreaming, but looking for maybe $400 plus freight. It's factory Black, in excellent used condition and has a bug deflector installed that will go with it. Does anyone know of any potential warranty issues if I just install it myself after painting? Or perhaps due to warranty problems, maybe the steeler dealer has to do that? What do you think? Thanks.
can't think of a warranty issue you would have, since its an aftermarket hood it and all the fasteners and other parts would not be covered by warranty including paint.
its also steel vs aluminum OEM. as far as your OEM its a good deal for someone that has a damaged hood in the same color.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I actually like the classic Jeep look of the hood on my Sahara.