Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Solid choice, very nice!

For what it's worth - my ex-father-in-law (74y/o I think) saw mine and had no idea what to say, said he didn't even know a color like that existed. Two weeks later, he said something like "on any other vehicle I think it's dumb, but on a Jeep in just works". And he drove Jeeps back in his Army days, pretty good praise I'd say. Not trying to validate my choice, just sharing my experience.

It does stick out, to each their own. Easy to find in parking lots though!
Right. Works great on a Wrangler. And hey, its from the Mopar family, known for loud colors. I like them all.
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
All the way from Britain. #dedicated
I’ll sail over on the QE2. Any of you blokes know where to get some Shepard’s pie and Yorkshire pudding in Moab?

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I’ll sail over on the QE2. Any of you blokes know where to get some Shepard’s pie and Yorkshire pudding in Moab?
Iffy. But the Moabs on the bypass usually have tea ready for the rubicons.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
British politics are almost as bad as those in the US. #Brexit

And yes, I do get what your username actually means.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
We wish we'd have gone white over silver. Meh....it is what it is.

Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
We wish we'd have gone white over silver. Meh....it is what it is.
The white looks good too. When we were shopping the JK we narrowed down to black or white. Wife choose the black, I would have choose white.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
The white looks good too. When we were shopping the JK we narrowed down to black or white. Wife choose the black, I would have choose white.
In my experience white and black are the worst at showing dirt, but that's not such a bad thing on a Jeep :beer:

Sponsored

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
not at all. I stated before that I went to buy a rubicon and they had a Moab on the lot and I choose that instead. I traded in a ram 2500 Powerwagon with dual diff lockers and a sway bar disconnect for the jeep. The only time I used the lockers was to see how they engage. When hurricane Irma came and flooded my neighborhood I had the truck on 4x4 and had to climb over downed trees and never needed to disconnect the sway bars or lock the axles. BTW my pool rose 4 feet off the ground. totally destroyed my pool and patio deck, I had moved to that area in less then a month before. Watch this to see the entire story

Fascinating pool build! Looks gorgeous. Reminded me of our build 24 years ago except ours had a bunch of 1/2 inch rebar. Curious why you didn’t have any?

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Fascinating pool build! Looks gorgeous. Reminded me of our build 24 years ago except ours had a bunch of 1/2 inch rebar. Curious why you didn’t have any?
That pool was built in 1973 and according to the guy that rebuilt the pool it wasn’t required back then. In the end it all worked out because it was an old pool anyhow.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Monster flatbrims & narcissism, hey I’m not from SoCal
:cwl::cwl::cwl:

I think those two are the main reason my wife didn't want me having a Wrangler at all when we lived there. But all the Broskis had TJs back then...

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao well done! After 40 pages you finally give us something to laugh at... besides your Jeep of course.
MOAB drivers are a little slow but we eventually we catch up. Not on the trails of course.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Solid choice, very nice!

For what it's worth - my ex-father-in-law (74y/o I think) saw mine and had no idea what to say, said he didn't even know a color like that existed. Two weeks later, he said something like "on any other vehicle I think it's dumb, but on a Jeep in just works". And he drove Jeeps back in his Army days, pretty good praise I'd say. Not trying to validate my choice, just sharing my experience.

It does stick out, to each their own. Easy to find in parking lots though!
I wonder if we’ll feel the same way about it 10 years from now? Or will it be one of those “what the hell was i thinkng when I picked that color?” things
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.