Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Thanks! :like:

It is my first Jeep, wanted one for years but it never worked out (life gets in the way sometimes). I kind of agree with that - I've wondered why people in my area buy Rubicons. There's nowhere good to climb rocks within several hundred miles of here, the Midwest is pretty flat. Plenty of mud and snow and poorly-maintained gravel roads though, I'll try my best to see if I can get it stuck!!!
Nice!!! Welcome aboard sir :captain:

congradulations on buying a tank disguised as a civilian Jeep:clap::handsinair::jk:

Hope it comes in soon for yuh...keep us posted
Sponsored

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Thanks! :like:

It is my first Jeep, wanted one for years but it never worked out (life gets in the way sometimes). I kind of agree with that - I've wondered why people in my area buy Rubicons. There's nowhere good to climb rocks within several hundred miles of here, the Midwest is pretty flat. Plenty of mud and snow and poorly-maintained gravel roads though, I'll try my best to see if I can get it stuck!!!
Pretty soon this be you pullin' up to work
jeep-stiles-stilinski-teen-wolf-dylan-obrien-Favim.com-3718935.gif

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Pretty soon this be you pullin' up to work
jeep-stiles-stilinski-teen-wolf-dylan-obrien-Favim.com-3718935.gif
Love it! A co-worker of mine usually drives a red YJ to work so I'm kinda looking forward to how he reacts to a JLU (Mojito!). Little bit of a difference, but still the same.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
What is the step assist rocker?
I find it very odd that the Moab comes with M/T’s while the Rubicon comes with A/T’s. The Moab seems like it was designed to be a very capable and rugged looking Sahara, but slightly better equipped for DD’ing than a Rubicon. The tires don’t really fit that equation.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find it very odd that the Moab comes with M/T’s while the Rubicon comes with A/T’s. The Moab seems like it was designed to be a very capable and rugged looking Sahara, but slightly better equipped for DD’ing than a Rubicon. The tires don’t really fit that equation.
I'm pretty sure the step assist rocker is this - https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/accessories/product/82215165AB/Rock+Rails.html

I'd agree about the tires - maybe just because they look bad a$$?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
It is the heavy duty rock slider that sticks out about 2.5 inches, hence the step assist. It is an option on the order sheet listed as Mopar heavy duty rock rails, but included in the Moab package. The tires look great, but will probably hurt mpg a little and be nosier. I will most likely replace with something more reasonable for my wife's needs when they wear out, but you never know. As long as she's happy, I will be happy and I know she is going to be very happy this Christmas.

Last edited:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Does anyone know what items are included with the Moab at delivery? 2 sets of keys, tow kit parts, etc. As the Moab is a little different, I want to make sure I get what I paid over 50K for . I ordered dual tops and I neglected to order the soft top window storage bag (I should not have missed that.), so I know that will not be included.
Tom, for me it might not be simply what to look for, but what I'd need to bring to the transaction, like, say, the Title to my home;)

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
If Moab was available with 6MT I'd be getting a Moab instead of fully loaded Sahara. I want front steel bumper and those wheels/tires. The rest is configured basically the same way as Sahara I'm getting

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It is the heavy duty rock slider that sticks out about 2.5 inches, hence the step assist. It is an option on the order sheet listed as Mopar heavy duty rock rails, but included in the Moab package. The tires look great, but will probably hurt mpg a little and be nosier. I will most likely replace with something more reasonable for my wife's needs when they wear out, but you never know. As long as she's happy, I will be happy and I know she is going to be very happy this Christmas.
All the pictures I've seen look like the same rock rails as the Rubicon, which I don't think could be used as a step unless you have child feet.
I'd really prefer the ones posted in that first link when I get my Rubicon, which have much more of an actual step. I put sliders on my old TJ that had a tube "step". That thing was way more of a hindrance to getting in and out than a help in my opinion.
@Yammyhaha , if you really wanted some KO3's, you could probably find someone with a Rubicon that would be willing to swap tires.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the pictures I've seen look like the same rock rails as the Rubicon, which I don't think could be used as a step unless you have child feet.
I'd really prefer the ones posted in that first link when I get my Rubicon, which have much more of an actual step. I put sliders on my old TJ that had a tube "step". That thing was way more of a hindrance to getting in and out than a help in my opinion.
@Yammyhaha , if you really wanted some KO3's, you could probably find someone with a Rubicon that would be willing to swap tires.
Here's a picture from a different thread of what I believe to be a stock Moab. I would say that's a legit step, that's probably why there are people in the Marketplace forums looking for those takeoffs to put on their Rubicons.
moabmojito-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nice! Yes, I would definitely agree that is a legit step.
Hopefully I can find someone with them looking to swap for Rubicon sliders when the time comes.

OP
OP

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
Tom, for me it might not be simply what to look for, but what I'd need to bring to the transaction, like, say, the Title to my home;)
LOL!!

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Nice! Yes, I would definitely agree that is a legit step.
Hopefully I can find someone with them looking to swap for Rubicon sliders when the time comes.
It is a very narrow step kind of between the size of the Rubicon and Sahara offering.
Sponsored