Mishimoto Troubles

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
First a little back story. I ordered a catch can for my 2019 JLUR 2.0 on August 9th and was charged at that time. When the catch can arrived I was impressed with the quality and installed it on my Jeep. Unfortunately my rig didn't like it and began to throw codes, I would clear them and they would come back. I called Mishimoto and they agreed they were having trouble with some Jeeps and would take the unit back and credit my card back. I returned the catch can early October.

Thats when the problems started. I watched my credit card account and no refund was issued. I contacted Mishimoto and they told me it had been too long to refund the funds to my credit card but the would issue a check to me as soon as possible. I waited 10 days and still no check. I called and was told they would check with the accounting department and get back to me--they didn't. I called again Monday 11/4 morning to find out what was going on. Again told they would have to check with the accounting department, again I asked to be told what was going on. They told me they would--same results no response. I emailed again yesterday, no response.

Bottom line: they have had my money since August and I don't. I understand that there can be unforeseen problems with a new product and I don't have any problem with that. I just seems so simple to me that after they found out they couldn't refund directly to my credit card it would be very simple to sit down and issue a check to me right then rather than giving me the run around. I'm old school and believe that you do what you say you are going to do rather than give lip service with no intention of follow through.

I am going to follow through by following up with my credit card company, and would never do business with this company again.

Update this morning 11/6: Accounting department is confused, they mailed the check last week (check's in the mail) and wondered if the address is correct. Yes it is, its the same address where you shipped the catch can and the where you sent the label to return it to you. I asked what day the check had been mailed--no response. They added that if you don't receive the check we will issue another. Strange that when I placed the order my card was debited that instant but when I want my money back it has been 30+days since the catch can was returned and they are still making excuses.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
First a little back story. I ordered a catch can for my 2019 JLUR 2.0 on August 9th and was charged at that time. When the catch can arrived I was impressed with the quality and installed it on my Jeep. Unfortunately my rig didn't like it and began to throw codes, I would clear them and they would come back. I called Mishimoto and they agreed they were having trouble with some Jeeps and would take the unit back and credit my card back. I returned the catch can early October.

Thats when the problems started. I watched my credit card account and no refund was issued. I contacted Mishimoto and they told me it had been too long to refund the funds to my credit card but the would issue a check to me as soon as possible. I waited 10 days and still no check. I called and was told they would check with the accounting department and get back to me--they didn't. I called again Monday 11/4 morning to find out what was going on. Again told they would have to check with the accounting department, again I asked to be told what was going on. They told me they would--same results no response. I emailed again yesterday, no response.

Bottom line: they have had my money since August and I don't. I understand that there can be unforeseen problems with a new product and I don't have any problem with that. I just seems so simple to me that after they found out they couldn't refund directly to my credit card it would be very simple to sit down and issue a check to me right then rather than giving me the run around. I'm old school and believe that you do what you say you are going to do rather than give lip service with no intention of follow through.

I am going to follow through by following up with my credit card company, and would never do business with this company again.

Update this morning 11/6: Accounting department is confused, they mailed the check last week (check's in the mail) and wondered if the address is correct. Yes it is, its the same address where you shipped the catch can and the where you sent the label to return it to you. I asked what day the check had been mailed--no response. They added that if you don't receive the check we will issue another. Strange that when I placed the order my card was debited that instant but when I want my money back it has been 30+days since the catch can was returned and they are still making excuses.
I suggest you talk to @Mishimoto "Steve" on here via PM and sure he will get this cleared up. He has been nothing but 100% transparent with all of us over the oil can challenges and work towards solving it.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Or since you paid through credit card, you can dispute that charge too.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

They may have been super busy getting ready for sema. They usually have a booth there. Its crunch time in the months right before sema. Just a possibility, not excusing it

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I am with a few of the others...dispute it with your credit card company. I don't like to ding companies by disputing charges through my CC but the minute it becomes a hassle for me, I let the credit card company deal with it.
Sponsored