Minimalistic Rear "Bumper"

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
I grew tired of the bulbous, plastic rear bumper and wanted to get some scrap metal out of the shop anyway, so I took the opportunity to fabricate a new one:

Jeep Wrangler JL Minimalistic Rear "Bumper" IMG_3265.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Minimalistic Rear "Bumper" IMG_3269.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Minimalistic Rear "Bumper" IMG_3296.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Minimalistic Rear "Bumper" IMG_3299.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Minimalistic Rear "Bumper" IMG_3310.JPG
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've been threatening to do something similar since I bought my JLU in April '19

Did you start with 4" sq that you ripped down to angle?

Sponsored

OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Did you start with 4" sq that you ripped down to angle?
Sorry I missed this... Yes, it was actually 6" square to start with. I like to use box tubing as a starting point for stuff like this because of the rolled edge it leaves, as opposed to using angle or channel with sharp edges. Just my taste.

Good job but are you planning something to protect rear corners?
Yes, careful driving :CWL: J/K, but seriously I haven't had a situation arise that would have damaged the corner, bumper or not, and I've been pretty much everywhere I've wanted to in this particular outfit. I just wanted something different to look at after almost 4 years.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yes, careful driving :CWL: J/K, but seriously I haven't had a situation arise that would have damaged the corner, bumper or not, and I've been pretty much everywhere I've wanted to in this particular outfit. I just wanted something different to look at after almost 4 years.
Lol, fair enough. I love fabbed up stuff for sure. I built my bumper on my 07 back in the day but there wasn't a lot of options back then. It also taught me that I have no business building shit. Lol. Keep it up!
Sponsored