Metal Cloak Geometry Brackets - my experience

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I thought I would share my experience with the Metalcloak geometry correction brackets. I currently have the 3.5” Gamechanger installed with 35” tires and love the suspension. I take my Jeep on overlanding trips often going 1000-2000 miles at a time. The terrain I cover is a mix of everything including rocks and small boulders. I thought I would install the brackets to see if it would improve my street manners and small bump compliance off-road. I recently came back from a trip that tested the suspension and was very impressed. I will be keep the brackets on the Jeep. It definitely improved the road manners and bump compliance when running off-road. Despite going through some rock fields I didn’t strike them at all. I will say for the hard core rock crawling it does give 2.5” of more surface area to get hung up on, but for everyone else the trade off is worth it IMO. I have seen many images of LCA bent frame brackets from rock hits. The way I see it, the frame is now fully protected, is stronger because of the boxed construction of the bracket and the bracket is easily replaced if damaged. I would definitely recommend them.

148163F9-BA86-4A3E-B264-27280A808131.jpeg

65D86ED4-5937-4D5B-9827-EF069A9A5C1B.jpeg
Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi, thanks for sharing the info.

I recently put an angle finder on the Lower Control Arms of a stock 2021 Rubicon, and my 2020 Rubicon, which has a Game Changer 3.5" lift.

On the stock JLUR the front Lower Control Arms angled downwards approximately 1, or maybe 2, degrees. On my JLUR with the GC 3.5" lift the Lower Control Arms angled downwards approximately 10 degrees.

I am wondering if you might be able to measure and post the angle of your control arms with the brackets you are using.

Thank you!

-> edited bad spelling :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I recently put and angle finder on the Lower Control Arms of a stock 2021 Rubicon, and my 2020 Rubicon, which has a Game Changer 3.5" lift.

On the stock JLUR the front Lower Cotrol Arms angled downwards approximately 1, or maybe 2, degrees. On my JLUR with the GC 3.5" lift the Lower Control Arms angled downwards approximately 10 degrees.

I am wondering if you might be able to measue and post the angle of your control arms with the brackets you are using.

Thank you!
I am sitting at 4 degrees measured just in front of the bracket.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thank you for the helpful info.

This would be interesting to compare with how "flat" a long arm Lower Control Arm rests.

Thank you.

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! I’m working up to a Metalcloak lift and am debating on just adding these to the kit.

What front brake lines are you running, they look aftermarket?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice! I’m working up to a Metalcloak lift and am debating on just adding these to the kit.

What front brake lines are you running, they look aftermarket?
I am running Rusty's stainless brake lines. With the amount of articulation you get from the metal cloak game changer lift I felt it would be better to get extended brake lines.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired

I recently put an angle finder on the Lower Control Arms of a stock 2021 Rubicon, and my 2020 Rubicon, which has a Game Changer 3.5" lift.

On the stock JLUR the front Lower Control Arms angled downwards approximately 1, or maybe 2, degrees. On my JLUR with the GC 3.5" lift the Lower Control Arms angled downwards approximately 10 degrees.

I am wondering if you might be able to measure and post the angle of your control arms with the brackets you are using.

Thank you!

-> edited bad spelling :)
Interested as well

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am running Rusty's stainless brake lines. With the amount of articulation you get from the metal cloak game changer lift I felt it would be better to get extended brake lines.
Thanks! I ordered a set of Rusty’s brake lines a few weeks ago but am still waiting for them to ship. They are the last piece I need before installing my front Metalcloak arms.
Sponsored