Sponsored

Meguiar's Plastix for soft top window scratches ?

xsaltlifex

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 black on black 6 spd 2 door
Has anyone used this product for scratches on there soft top windows? If so how was the outcome? I wanted to get some feed back before I try it for fear of just making the problem worse. Thanks..
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Has anyone used this product for scratches on there soft top windows? If so how was the outcome? I wanted to get some feed back before I try it for fear of just making the problem worse. Thanks..
You aren't going to be able to fix soft top window scratches, unfortunately. Once they're there, they're there. No matter what you do, no matter how careful you are, wiping anything on the surface of those damn things will scratch them. Your best bet is to rinse them off as best you can and leave them be.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
You aren't going to be able to fix soft top window scratches, unfortunately. Once they're there, they're there. No matter what you do, no matter how careful you are, wiping anything on the surface of those damn things will scratch them. Your best bet is to rinse them off as best you can and leave them be.
I’ve found this to be the case too. I’ve never used Plastix. I have a can of Plexus that I’ve never used out of fear I’m just going to make even more scratches at this point. Ive noticed that even cleaning them with a soapy microfiber cloth still puts fine scratches in them. I’m surprised that after all these years they haven’t come up with a plastic window that is more scratch resistant.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I use torque detailer on my rig after she gets a wash which is a ceramic coating that lasts a pretty good amount of time...you spray on wipe off then second wipe to polish. I have been using this on my windows and also on my windshield.....I also have racing optics peel away laminate on my windshield to prevent stone hits from chipping/cracking. Windows have remained pretty decent. If the scratch is deep there is nothing that will repair but optically can be less visible when using something that restores the quality of the windows. That is what I use but there is and interesting article I found of a guy using a Maguires product specifically for windows on his 2015 Jeep it is a good read.
https://www.offroadable.com/how-to-restore-jeep-plastic-windows/

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Plexus works great, my windows still look good and I take it through an automatic car wash. Scratches are inevitable, just polish them with Plexus and enjoy your Jeep!
Gregj
Sponsored