Sponsored

Diaxio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Mojito
i liked the system but had to remove it i found it started cutting into the hard top at the part that hooks between the body and hard top. i would suggest some door trim or rubber to prevent it from cutting hard top
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
i liked the system but had to remove it i found it started cutting into the hard top at the part that hooks between the body and hard top. i would suggest some door trim or rubber to prevent it from cutting hard top
Please send us some pictures of the suituation. We would be happy to assist you in installing the product to avoid that problem.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well... this is officially on my build list!

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Please send us some pictures of the suituation. We would be happy to assist you in installing the product to avoid that problem.
Would be great to post this to this thread so we can all benefit from that knowledge. Mine were delivered yesterday, but I’ve yet to install them and am concerned about the same.

Diaxio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Mojito
i have been talking to trailtrax seems like the ones i had where early production similar to the prototype. they have already addressed the issue so you should be fine. i would still add some kind of protection just because its metal on fiberglass its not bad and i have done far more damage just offroading. for those that want to see what mine did here is the picture.

i still like the product and will probably add it back on once i change my setup
Jeep Wrangler JL Meet The TrailRax Pak Rax System image2

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
i have been talking to trailtrax seems like the ones i had where early production similar to the prototype. they have already addressed the issue so you should be fine. i would still add some kind of protection just because its metal on fiberglass its not bad and i have done far more damage just offroading. for those that want to see what mine did here is the picture.

i still like the product and will probably add it back on once i change my setup
Jeep Wrangler JL Meet The TrailRax Pak Rax System image2
When did you order your set?

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Following

Sponsored

Diaxio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Mojito
just to update .. trailrax sent me the rubber spacers that my kit didnt have and that fixed the issue that caused my hard time damage we believe i was getting a vibration that slowly cut the hard top. i have reinstalled the trailrax system with the rubber spacers and the kit is solid no vibrations or movement.

thanks to trailrax for sending the spacers and getting mine back on the jeep .

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
just to update .. trailrax sent me the rubber spacers that my kit didnt have and that fixed the issue that caused my hard time damage we believe i was getting a vibration that slowly cut the hard top. i have reinstalled the trailrax system with the rubber spacers and the kit is solid no vibrations or movement.

thanks to trailrax for sending the spacers and getting mine back on the jeep .
Sorry about the issues you had initially. Glad we can help solve it. Looking forward to seeing you on the trails.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is this system compatible with traction boards? I'd love to run rotopax fuel cans on one side and traction boards on the other, but am concerned about length and interference with the rear door.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Is this system compatible with traction boards? I'd love to run rotopax fuel cans on one side and traction boards on the other, but am concerned about length and interference with the rear door.
Yes you can mount traction boards to your Jeep as long as it is a 2 door wrangler. if this is a 4 door, you can mount it offset from the center, and it will stick out from the rear of the Jeep. If the traction board was centered on the rack, it will block the rear set of doors from opening. SO the way to solve that is offsetting it more to the rear.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you can mount traction boards to your Jeep as long as it is a 2 door wrangler. if this is a 4 door, you can mount it offset from the center, and it will stick out from the rear of the Jeep. If the traction board was centered on the rack, it will block the rear set of doors from opening. SO the way to solve that is offsetting it more to the rear.
Mine will be an Unlimited, so offset will be the way. Good to know.
Sponsored