Sponsored

MC Gamechanger

Boomer75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be JLU
I am about to order a 2.5 Gamechanger, 10% off thru tomorrow!
Are there any other additions to the kit you'd recommend I grab? I'm getting the drive shaft and looks like it comes with the quick disconnects for the sway bar? I have a stock JLU Sport btw, this will by first significant upgrade.
Have a safe 4th of July y'all!
Sponsored

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 BMW Z4, 2021 Tacoma, 2022 X3 M40i
Figures, I just bought a 3.5" Gamechanger setup last week. It arrived this past Friday. 10% off sure would have been nice.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Figures, I just bought a 3.5" Gamechanger setup last week. It arrived this past Friday. 10% off sure would have been nice.
It might be worth sending an email. You never know…

OP
OP

Boomer75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be JLU
For $29 I’d thrown in the front coil correction pads for extra insurance. The steering components are also a great addition but more costly. I just installed mine and they are much heavier duty than OE.
Thanks!

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't waste money on the driveshafts from Metalcloak. They've got 1310 joints, which are probably sufficient for TJ's which are lighter and not as powerful, but marginal for a lifted JL equipped with 35/37" tires. Go with 1350 driveshafts instead. Northridge 4x4 has Adams driveshafts for 20% off right now, which makes them cheaper and stronger than the MC units. The Adams are very well regarded and come in the correct length for the lift you're getting.

cab1024

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
What are the drawbacks of sticking with the stock driveshaft?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
What are the drawbacks of sticking with the stock driveshaft?
The stock front driveshaft can sustain damage from the increased flex from the lift. It can make contact with some components and the rzeppa joints aren’t designed for the amount of articulation the suspension now has. An aftermarket shaft is smaller diameter and has greater angles so it doesn’t contact anything. The rear is less of an issue.

As far as the 1310 driveshaft, it’s true that a 1350 is stronger. However if that’s the weakest component of the drivetrain, a $20 driveshaft U-joint is cheap and very easy to fix almost anywhere. More so than other drivetrain components.

Last edited:

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
I second the coil correction pads. I put a 3.5 on my wife's JLUR and would've rather had them to put on when everything was all apart.
Sponsored