Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
Jeep gave the OP a new vehicle
Wonder if he had to sign a non disclosure? He's been really active until now. I read on another forum that a member was supposed to get a "black box" installed but Jeep gave him a new car instead. All very weird.
Sponsored

ring_zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLUR
No more updates from the OP since 4/27, that seem weird to anyone else?
From his YouTube channel he looks to be in Moab beating the hell out of his JLUR! Looks like the same red Rubi he was driving in his original post.

He and his wife (spotter) clear some pretty serious obstacles. No fear! Very entertaining vids to watch.

Sponsored

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
He has a youtube channel
His original youtube video post is from his channel, youtube username is "lite brite." In his comments in the video (in a reply section to "Jeep Informant" comment) he said "Jeep should be officially coming out with a fix sometime in the next couple. As of this past weekend, Jeep has actually take our vehicle to one of their main facilities to do a complete tear down on it. We have a short update video that hopefully will be posted up sometime in the next week. But Jeep is well aware of the concern and working on a recall solution for the dealerships." He posted that yesterday. I did not see him say anything about getting a replacement.

I did see another poster on another forum with this same steering problem say Jeep offered a buyout/replace on his jeep though.

It seems OP of this thread took more to continuing the conversation on youtube and he created a facebook group message as well.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Hopegully Jeep is fixing all Jeeps and not just those with a YouTube channel. :)

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
His original youtube video post is from his channel, youtube username is "lite brite." In his comments in the video (in a reply section to "Jeep Informant" comment) he said "Jeep should be officially coming out with a fix sometime in the next couple. As of this past weekend, Jeep has actually take our vehicle to one of their main facilities to do a complete tear down on it. We have a short update video that hopefully will be posted up sometime in the next week. But Jeep is well aware of the concern and working on a recall solution for the dealerships." He posted that yesterday. I did not see him say anything about getting a replacement.

I did see another poster on another forum with this same steering problem say Jeep offered a buyout/replace on his jeep though.

It seems OP of this thread took more to continuing the conversation on youtube and he created a facebook group message as well.
He got a new one. Check out his most recent video, comments

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Hopegully Jeep is fixing all Jeeps and not just those with a YouTube channel. :)
Yep or it will cost FCA dearly when someone dies from a known defect that was only fixed for owners that complained.

Reminiscent of the GM iginition switch defect.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Since this seems to be an intermittent problem, you may not experience it until right up before your crash. Scary stuff. Definitely delaying my purchase. I drive past a Jeep storage lot in Alorton IL everyday making the decision to wait more difficult seeing all those JLs being loaded up to dealers. Me wants one!

Last edited:

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
He mentioned on his Youtube channel that his JL has an apparent fix to this problem. Let's hope that's true.

In the meantime, I'll be doing a 500 mile road trip this long weekend. Crossing my fingers.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
He mentioned on his Youtube channel that his JL has an apparent fix to this problem. Let's hope that's true.

In the meantime, I'll be doing a 500 mile road trip this long weekend. Crossing my fingers.
May the force be with you. :)

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

Whether they have a fix ready for the affected units on the road, I'm curious if they've made changes on-the-line to ones they're currently producing, or if not.

Basically I'm curious if a June build is gonna be subject to this.

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
He took the issue to a group chat on Facebook.
Those experiencing this issue have had communication with FCA resulting in a few receiving replacement Jeeps and others having the ECU flashed/reprogrammed and some replacement parts added. So far, the repairs appear to be working though it is too early to say if it had resolved the problems. I believe the first repaired Jeep was only released to the Owner last week.
Sponsored