Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

That makes sense if that’s the case. Does it bridge over to the other side somehow?

Getting into welding to nodular or cast iron is where it’s over the top for me personally seeing as there are other solutions.
no cast iron on these axles. Its cast steel which just requires slower cooling rate. He says in the video he wrapped it with a welding blanket to slow down the cooling. Other than that, just standard steel mig welding.

only slight issues i see are some tight access spots and lighting which can easily be remedied.

i like how the truss is not solid all along the bottom but broken into sections. So you dont have to do one continous bead. This way allows the metal to stay cooler, as he notes in the video.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Heres my turd30
Artec truss and gussets $200
Has 4.56 gears and dana diff cover

Thinking about adding a lunchbox, or be smart and spend more for a rear locker on my 44

9728B5CD-5B12-4EF6-A305-812C806927BB.jpeg

E1CF2CC2-F9B8-4A3E-ABD5-71FAF0835262.jpeg
forgive my lack of knowledge but what are the gussets for? Is that a weak point? Common breaking point?

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
forgive my lack of knowledge but what are the gussets for? Is that a weak point? Common breaking point?
in JKs the gussets were weak and would bend the C
I dont think its as much of an issue on the JL, but for the $100 or so dollars, why not if you can weld yourself

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
no cast iron on these axles. Its cast steel which just requires slower cooling rate. He says in the video he wrapped it with a welding blanket to slow down the cooling. Other than that, just standard steel mig welding.

only slight issues i see are some tight access spots and lighting which can easily be remedied.

i like how the truss is not solid all along the bottom but broken into sections. So you dont have to do one continous bead. This way allows the metal to stay cooler, as he notes in the video.
Ah ok. I didn’t know that was a thing and didn’t care to watch the video so I missed that. Thanks!
Sponsored