Mackskibum

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Ocean Blue
Hi all,

Working on a DIY Katzkin install and I’m stuck on the lumbar knob. Does anyone know how it comes off?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mackskibum

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Ocean Blue
Ok- for those that need to do this for whatever reason:

The plastic center is separate from the rubber feel outside. Small screwdriver pops it apart. Philips screw behind.

Thanks to Touch-Ups automotive who sold me the kit. They answered the question on a Sunday in less than an hour.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase

The plastic center is separate from the rubber feel outside. Small screwdriver pops it apart. Philips screw behind.

Thanks to Touch-Ups automotive who sold me the kit. They answered the question on a Sunday in less than an hour.
Great!

Any pictures? I'd like to see someone's DIY in progress... Or even just a simple "these are the gotcha areas to watch out for".
Is Touch-ups an online seller? How is their pricing?

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, how dumb am I?.... until I saw this post I had no idea that my JLUR had adjustable lumbar support. LOL
Just went out to the garage and played with the dial. Amazing! You just made my Jeep better.

Sponsored

03Indigo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra Platinum, 2018 BMW M2, 2018 Ford Explorer, 2018 JLU Sport, 2020 Indian Scout

this was my hang up tonight!!!! Installing a Katzkin kit, headrests done, working on driver seat now. Yay, saved me a ton of time finding this with a quick google search!!

R303j

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep Jl
Thank you sooo much!!!

Taylor7000

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
What a resource. I too was having a hard time with this. THanks much. My seat cushion upholstery job went smoothly today. The photos made all the difference.
Sponsored