Sponsored

Looking to purchase first ever Jeep! help!

STLUIS

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Hello everyone!
First time posting, long time lurker!

I am looking into purchasing a 4 door JLS in the near future and I would like some opinions before I start heading into dealerships and shopping around.
Is it possible to buy a JLS with a hardtop for the price range of 30k-32k out the door or am I over my head? I don’t need any of the fancy stuff since I will not be doing much off roading.

Thanks.
Sponsored

gfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Hello everyone!

I am looking into purchasing a 4 door JLS in the near future and I would like some opinions before I start heading into dealerships and shopping around.
Is it possible to buy a JLS with a hardtop for the price range of 30k-32k out the door or am I over my head? I don’t need any of the fancy stuff since I will not be doing much off roading.

Thanks.
JLS... assuming you mean Sport (not Sahara).

Regardless, use this spreadsheet - it'll help you configure and see what you can do: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ive-pricing-worksheets-updated-for-2019.3193/. You're likely going to be doing a custom order if that's literally the only thing you want as most lot Jeeps have the extras.

5% below invoice seems to be pretty average on this forum.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone!

Thanks.
A 2 Door Sport with the Hard Top and absolutely no other options will MSRP at $30,735. Finding a good quote from a dealer will net you a lower number than that so you can still add a few more options and still be within the 30-32 range out the door.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
A 2 Door Sport with the Hard Top and absolutely no other options will MSRP at $30,735. Finding a good quote from a dealer will net you a lower number than that so you can still add a few more options and still be within the 30-32 range out the door.
OP asked about 4-door.

Invoice price on a Base Sport 4-door with hard top (including destination) is $33,566.

At 5% below you get $31,888.

That is before TTL + doc fees.So basically no.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
OP asked about 4-door.

Invoice price on a Base Sport 4-door with hard top (including destination) is $33,566.

At 5% below you get $31,888.

That is before TTL + doc fees.So basically no.
:angry: I got stuck on JLS... I missed the 4 door part lol.

Good catch.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hello everyone!

Thanks.
Luis..I wonder if you are equating or defining "the fancy stuff" with the off road experience or not.

Interestingly, the one thing you don't seek comes standard (off road) as any Wrangler is trail rated. But technically a hard top, along with power windows, air conditioning, and a host of other things that in this day and age practically no other model of vehicle doesn't come with even in its base model, are technically extras that you pay for with the Wrangler. And some of these options are very, very difficult to add later. So think about your money being amortized over the life of ownership and don't, if avoidable, neglect to get a feature you might be kicking yourself for not getting 5 years from now.

Then again, some owners LOVE to go retro in their options.

You might find this hard to believe but the price for the hardtop at new, particularly factory order purchase is discounted compared to its MOPAR purchase after ownership. This is because you are getting a credit from FCA for returning back to them the standard soft top.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
If you order it from Kent ([email protected]) at Peterson CDJR in Idaho you’ll save 12% off MSRP and get exactly what you want.

OP
OP

STLUIS

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Thank you for all the helpful replies! Now I have some studying to do a s hopefully I will have a new Wrangler by the end of the month! :)

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
Thank you for all the helpful replies! Now I have some studying to do a s hopefully I will have a new Wrangler by the end of the month! :)
I mean, maybe if you get an absolute bone stock 4-door. If I were you, Id save up for a few more months and get the Sport S with a limited slip rear differential. That would put you squarely into highly capable off-roader with a small (but thus, more impactful) creature comforts that remind you that you are are in fact driving a 32,000 vehicle.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Good luck! Let us know how it goes and post if you need advice on your build.