ragmanjobber

ragmanjobber

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A LOT
IMO you would be best to have emailed them back confirming the final out-the-door price and asking them to confirm back. Verbal only isnt ideal. Though if I read correct you did have some emails with final pricing afterwards, if so A+ all round :)
Dealers today are very Leary to quote OTD pricing for out of State buyers until the verbal deal is made. Taxes vary by state and working up the hard figures is time and time costs them money. We had a verbal on the pricing along in emails/texts. They ran the deposit and the paperwork arrived today confirming the deal. This isn't my first rodeo! I probably have more vehicles in my possession than the dealers do today. Ha!
Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Hey OP, congrats on the new 392! So nosy me is wondering if you could show us what vehicles are currently in your stable? Would love to see that Hemi JK as well :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
ragmanjobber

ragmanjobber

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A LOT
There’s a few I currently own. The GN is an 1986 with 5,000 original miles. Completely stock. There are a few more but at the risk of being the “new guy everyone hates” I’ll leave the rest to your imagination. I’m very into nice vehicles.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Funny enough, This vehicle probably gets better fuel mileage out of most my other vehicles I own currently.
Me too—PU~ 2 less, GC~ 2 more. Edit—nice stable 😊

Last edited:

Sponsored

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Dealers today are very Leary to quote OTD pricing for out of State buyers until the verbal deal is made. Taxes vary by state and working up the hard figures is time and time costs them money. We had a verbal on the pricing along in emails/texts. They ran the deposit and the paperwork arrived today confirming the deal. This isn't my first rodeo! I probably have more vehicles in my possession than the dealers do today. Ha!
Ive always bought out of state. I just want driving up the road with temp plates cost. Not home state taxes and title etc. Makes it easier and faster for them. They just post paperwork and I do the rest.

RBfromMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Telluride SX-P, Looking for a JLUR
There’s a few I currently own. The GN is an 1986 with 5,000 original miles. Completely stock. There are a few more but at the risk of being the “new guy everyone hates” I’ll leave the rest to your imagination. I’m very into nice vehicles.
Great stable! Enjoy.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
And I thought I had a car problem...nevermind, haha

gmpirate

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubicon, 2018 JK Rubicon Recon
Wish I had seen this post earlier. I have a Hydro 392 due in any time now that I am going to pass on. No retractable roof (I want to remove the top completely) but it does have the half doors. I was so looking forward to it but I'm in the process of purchasing a business and I'm being prudent right now.
At least I have one more year to order a 2023 and maybe even get the anniversary edition if it appeals to me. Icing on the cake if they bring Punk'n Orange back!

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
I disagree completely with you. This price was advertised online. It was not advertised at the price they tried to quote me. And I assure you I have bought my last six vehicles all of which were in and exceeding this price range without sitting foot ever in the dealership. The fact that the dealer baited its customers with one price and changed it once they called is more a principle of the matter than me agreeing to pay a few thousand dollars more than I was anticipating.
I'm watching this closely as I am in the beginning of a similar situation. Waiting to hear pricing on an in stock 392....
Sponsored