Long wait times for orders? Why?

Mikes4xe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4xe, 22 4xE HA 10/29 order, still in D
Maybe we could hire a bunch of Ukrainian truck drivers?
Sponsored

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
No we knew where it was. Dealer was calling everyone trying to get it on a hauler to dealership.
I wish my dealer would do that. I’m convinced they lost it.

JKWMD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon; 2021 JLU Sahara
Not sure what the hell is going on in our country, but so many jobs going unfilled. I know sometimes it's shit wages/benefits etc... for entry level jobs, but whatever happened to taking a job to initially get experience and some pocket money while in school/college, and understanding you need to work your way up over time, or even take a job you don't love so you can pay your bills? Everyone seems to think they immediately deserve top wages/benefits but aren't willing to put in their time and be patient. The industry I'm part of has assured job security, but it took me many years of time/money/sacrifice to get where I'm at; something the younger generations seem at a loss to understand sometimes. I know it's probably more complicated than I can appreciate for many, but sometimes having a less than perfect job is better than having no job and living off the taxpayer's dime. Sorry for the rant.

dawgvet98

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
I wish my dealer would do that. I’m convinced they lost it.
Go talk to them. There is a build/assignment sheet they can access that tells them exactly what's going on. it showed when mine was loaded on the train, when it sat in Atl for a day or 2, when it hit the yard in Columbia, SC, and when it was finally unloaded from the train.

Sponsored

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
I wonder how all the deaths due to COVID have also impacted the current workforce?
Based off the truck drivers I know, not likely a high impact. Now deaths due to drugs and alcohol...different story.

Mikes4xe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4xe, 22 4xE HA 10/29 order, still in D
Not sure what the hell is going on in our country, but so many jobs going unfilled. I know sometimes it's shit wages/benefits etc... for entry level jobs, but whatever happened to taking a job to initially get experience and some pocket money while in school/college, and understanding you need to work your way up over time, or even take a job you don't love so you can pay your bills? Everyone seems to think they immediately deserve top wages/benefits but aren't willing to put in their time and be patient. The industry I'm part of has assured job security, but it took me many years of time/money/sacrifice to get where I'm at; something the younger generations seem at a loss to understand sometimes. I know it's probably more complicated than I can appreciate for many, but sometimes having a less than perfect job is better than having no job and living off the taxpayer's dime. Sorry for the rant.
No one wants jobs they have to actually go to anymore, they want to sit in their parents basements, eat bon bons, and be social influencers.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
That’s crazy. So basically a huge percentage of the trucking industry walked out and went on to do…..what?
A bunch left because of the mandates. And I have several friends that are truck drivers but can't drive either because companies have mandates or places like California that don't allow private trucks into shipyards.

I have one buddy runs a private shipping business, but because his workers are all contracters, none of them can run out of L.A. and Long Beach...he's the only one because he's the business owner. (I don't really know all the details, just what he's told me over beer and video games.)

Sponsored

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
OP,
Did you get all the answers to your "Long wait times for orders? why?"
So go ahead and order the JEEP you've always wanted and join the club in the waiting room!:giggle:
I asked because I'm waiting for Gobi and (fingers crossed) XR on gladiators. I feel every answer I've gotten places blame on something general, which ultimately may be right, but I was hoping to get something more specific like "don't get the hard top head liners as they take an extra month to get the fabric"

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
I don't know what but apparently I ordered all the stuff that prevents them from actually building your Wrangler but I didn't order floormats.

Zero actual progress since October.
Good luck I hope it starts being built soon. Can I ask what communication you've had with the dealer and jeep? Like have you been left in the dark or are they trying to at least get you answers?

AlmaTorres

First Name
Alma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Hey everyone, I'm doing what research I can before ordering and one thing I noticed was it seems like some people are waiting a long time for the Jeeps and some people are getting theirs within 2 months? 2 people I've spoken to have had their Jeeps ordered back in November and they say they haven't even started to be built. Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be? I've heard that there are some items on back order, but does anyone know any specific parts/packages that would hold up an order? I know I have to be patient, but putting in an order and waiting 4 months just to be told it hasn't even been started on would be infuriating. Any insight would be really helpful.
Hey everyone, I'm doing what research I can before ordering and one thing I noticed was it seems like some people are waiting a long time for the Jeeps and some people are getting theirs within 2 months? 2 people I've spoken to have had their Jeeps ordered back in November and they say they haven't even started to be built. Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be? I've heard that there are some items on back order, but does anyone know any specific parts/packages that would hold up an order? I know I have to be patient, but putting in an order and waiting 4 months just to be told it hasn't even been started on would be infuriating. Any insight would be really helpful.
I think it depends on what you add to your order. I ordered mine two weeks ago & got a VIN two days later. When I ordered it, I wanted steel door sill guards. The salesperson who was helping me told me that if I added those it could be 9 months for a delivery. So maybe just go in & talk to someone, They can help you build & you don’t have to commit

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
The key is, take away the taxpayers dime. Once the programs for supporting lazy people stop, the work force goes back to work.
This is typically an unfounded assumption. A good chunk is potential employees that are over qualified for open positions and employers either a. Don’t want to pay wages comparable to the qualifications/experience or b. Won’t hire them because they know when a higher-paying, or job specific to their field opens up, the employee will leave.

Deleted member 59498

No one knows. Builds are decided by a computer. Figure it out?
Sponsored