First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I think they both make a terrific product. That said, we went with roam because we loved the looks, price point and they are local to us. We try to support local business when we can and that’s what opened the door for us. Now that we’ve had them, wheeled them and installed a bunch I can still say I’m very happy we went with them and are excited to see what comes next!

They should be shipping the rock rails out hopefully in 3 weeks or less

Brett
Any issues with the body bolts? Do you heat them or just remove slowly. Heard horror stories of the red loctite snapping bolts.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Just say no to ANY product that installs with Rivnuts.

LoD makes a great product and one of their best is their Signature Rock Sliders. I had them on my JK and they were outstanding. I only hope they’ll make a version for the Gladiator but if they do it will likely take them a year to design, build and ship.

A82FC5E2-3FE9-4C49-9546-C170AD75190D.png

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the LoD signature series and wheel hard with them. They are first rate build quality and can be used for rock crawling without drilling new holes. They have extra mounting points for extra strength, and those would need drilling into the frame. But I wheeled and abused my LoD sliders using only the bolt on install method. No flexing and they’ve held up great except for the gouges here and there on them.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Any issues with the body bolts? Do you heat them or just remove slowly. Heard horror stories of the red loctite snapping bolts.
If you get the Roam frame mounted ones you don't have to remove the OE body bolts.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Roam doesn’t require removing the body bolts. Ace is one of the only ones I can think of. We will suggest to the customer to take any rails that require the true body bolt removed to go to the dealer. It doesn’t pencil out for me to risk a bolt failure.

We don’t work with Roam anymore. Seems like they have improved their business model substantially and customer service has improved but our experiences and demand for consistent top tier products forced me to remove them as a vendor to work with.

Brett

Sponsored

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
My JCR classic sliders required the body mount bolts to be removed for install. I managed to get all out except the passenger front which snapped and was a complete nightmare.

Roam doesn’t require removing the body bolts. Ace is one of the only ones I can think of. We will suggest to the customer to take any rails that require the true body bolt removed to go to the dealer. It doesn’t pencil out for me to risk a bolt failure.

We don’t work with Roam anymore. Seems like they have improved their business model substantially and customer service has improved but our experiences and demand for consistent top tier products forced me to remove them as a vendor to work with.

Brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JCR classic sliders required the body mount bolts to be removed for install. I managed to get all out except the passenger front which snapped and was a complete nightmare.
I bet! I try to avoid them at all cost! Somethings just aren’t worth the risk for me when I’m financially responsible to correct the issues incurred in my care.

Brett

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I bet! I try to avoid them at all cost! Somethings just aren’t worth the risk for me when I’m financially responsible to correct the issues incurred in my care.

Brett
If you have experience with high strength thread locker it's not really that big of a deal. That being said I have the Ace sliders and would not recommend them. If I'd known then what I know now I would've sprung for the LOD sliders. Workmanship on their products is in a different league.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have experience with high strength thread locker it's not really that big of a deal. That being said I have the Ace sliders and would not recommend them. If I'd known then what I know now I would've sprung for the LOD sliders. Workmanship on their products is in a different league.
I’m very familiar with all types of thread locker and even when doing everything right, sometimes they still snap. It’s not worth the risk for $100 to me. We’ve installed some LOD and they were an impressive pieces.

Brett

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I have installed them both. Roam is multi-piece frame mount. If you get the light kit you will need to install, route, and hook up the LED’s, which is not a big deal. The way the ROAM has the little brackets that sit in the frame for basically the nuts can be a little tricky if you are installing alone. Overall quality of ROAM seems good, live in Az, so rust not a major concern. Also I do not like how the ROAM name is visible on the side of the step, LOD destroyers are not like that.

LOD, single piece, very heavy, could potentially have to drill to finalize the frame mount on the destroyer setup. Mine arrived damaged and LOD passed the buck and said they where not responsible for shipping damage. Damage was not due to shipping as box was mint when it arrived and the expandable foam was all still in tact. They were damaged at the factory and sent out with chipped powder coat. I touched it up, was not too concerned as as the chipped part is not visible. Did suck to pay that much and wait that long only to have the company blame it on the mailman.

I think you can’t go wrong with either one. Please keep in mind I installed the frame mount on both and that is the only experience I have with them.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
I have installed them both. Roam is multi-piece frame mount. If you get the light kit you will need to install, route, and hook up the LED’s, which is not a big deal. The way the ROAM has the little brackets that sit in the frame for basically the nuts can be a little tricky if you are installing alone. Overall quality of ROAM seems good, live in Az, so rust not a major concern. Also I do not like how the ROAM name is visible on the side of the step, LOD destroyers are not like that.

LOD, single piece, very heavy, could potentially have to drill to finalize the frame mount on the destroyer setup. Mine arrived damaged and LOD passed the buck and said they where not responsible for shipping damage. Damage was not due to shipping as box was mint when it arrived and the expandable foam was all still in tact. They were damaged at the factory and sent out with chipped powder coat. I touched it up, was not too concerned as as the chipped part is not visible. Did suck to pay that much and wait that long only to have the company blame it on the mailman.

I think you can’t go wrong with either one. Please keep in mind I installed the frame mount on both and that is the only experience I have with them.
I'm surprised by a response like that since most carriers have insurance and any mail damage should be covered. Also if you told them the box was mint to stick to that story. I thought LOD was supposed to have the superior customer service to roam.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I'm surprised by a response like that since most carriers have insurance and any mail damage should be covered. Also if you told them the box was mint to stick to that story. I thought LOD was supposed to have the superior customer service to roam.
I sent pics of the box and everything from my security camera, from before I opened it...... the box was heavy, I was surprised no damage dented corners nothing.

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
LOD is having a Black Friday Sale right now. Signature rails have $109 off. Not sure on the destroyers. Check out their website for additional sales. You have to put the item in your cart and then you can see the discount!!
Sponsored