alrola

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I have to say I’m very impressed by all the ideas. Wonderful.
Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Not exactly sure where you could put these - on the track the seat slides on. You get the idea. A Small clamp that locks it down but is also removable.

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.25.18 AM.png

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Unbolt the seat and take it with you.
You see, this isn’t helpful. Because you have to move the seat to access the bolts when taking it out. How dare you not offer a practical solution to OP’s problem! You should be ashamed of yourself. Go to your room.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
You see, this isn’t helpful. Because you have to move the seat to access the bolts when taking it out. How dare you not offer a practical solution to OP’s problem! You should be ashamed of yourself. Go to your room.
:computerrage: damn it! Ok I vote welding it in place :rock:

OP
OP
alrola

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
You are so witty. That is great stuff.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alrola

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
You all have a nice day. Thanks for all the useful help and font of knowledge. I get it, not an issue to you therefore it’s crazy.
You all have a great day.

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Even if you figured out how to make the seat not move on the track, what would you do with the seat height and back adjustment? I think you have a $1million idea to make a sort of steering wheel club lock for seat controls!

noreserve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sport
I must say that I was surprised that there aren't memory seats in a $59K (fully-loaded) vehicle. Find me one other vehicle for that money that doesn't have driver memory. I'll wait.

My wife and I go back and forth between our two vehicles, so it is a PITA to constantly adjust the seat distance, height, rake, lumbar, and outside mirrors back. Yes, 1st World problems, I know. But let me tell you that if there was an option for driver memory, I would have ordered it, without a doubt. It moves beyond the realm of pure convenience and into one of safety, depending upon how you look at it. If the mirrors and driver seat aren't adjusted back just right, it could mean the difference between seeing that other vehicle, being able to react, etc. If there is one convenience that I've gotten used to with multiple drivers, that is most certainly it. I love unlocking our other vehicle and having it recognize that it is my key fob, setting the seats, mirrors, audio, climate and related controls to how I like them. My wife and I differ in height and controls reach enough to where I end up adjusting distance, rake, height, mirrors, lumbar EVERY TIME I get into the vehicle after her - and vice-versa.

The question is why isn't it offered. It isn't that they can't make a motor and components water resistant. I am waiting on my Rubicon to arrive in the next couple of weeks and that is the one thing I don't look forward to with it.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I must say that I was surprised that there aren't memory seats in a $59K (fully-loaded) vehicle. Find me one other vehicle for that money that doesn't have driver memory. I'll wait.

My wife and I go back and forth between our two vehicles, so it is a PITA to constantly adjust the seat distance, height, rake, lumbar, and outside mirrors back. Yes, 1st World problems, I know. But let me tell you that if there was an option for driver memory, I would have ordered it, without a doubt. It moves beyond the realm of pure convenience and into one of safety, depending upon how you look at it. If the mirrors and driver seat aren't adjusted back just right, it could mean the difference between seeing that other vehicle, being able to react, etc. If there is one convenience that I've gotten used to with multiple drivers, that is most certainly it. I love unlocking our other vehicle and having it recognize that it is my key fob, setting the seats, mirrors, audio, climate and related controls to how I like them. My wife and I differ in height and controls reach enough to where I end up adjusting distance, rake, height, mirrors, lumbar EVERY TIME I get into the vehicle after her - and vice-versa.

The question is why isn't it offered. It isn't that they can't make a motor and components water resistant. I am waiting on my Rubicon to arrive in the next couple of weeks and that is the one thing I don't look forward to with it.
Maybe its the same reason they don't offer 1 touch up AND down driver side windows. 1 touch up and down are avail on 2019 FCA vehicles right now except Wrangler - checked at the dealer this weekend.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup

A Jeep with that is offered. It’s called a Grand Cherokee. The Wrangler is a different vehicle for a different market.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alrola

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
A Jeep with that is offered. It’s called a Grand Cherokee. The Wrangler is a different vehicle for a different market.

Is that why the wrangler comes with AC, automatic, navigation, Bluetooth, Apple car play, cruise, auto stop start, lane departure, power windows, remote start, proximity sensors, Aux switches, backup sensors, power sliding top, electronic lockers, adaptive cruise with auto braking, automatic lights, led lighting, heated seats, heated steering, power mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror, onboard computer with off-road maps, electronic diff disconnect , Uconnect assist, satellite radio on and on for you “purists”. I assume none of you pissed at my comment got any of those options. Because you are... purists.
Seriously not sure why my question triggered people. If it is not an issue to you great, I’m happy you are awesome. Feel free to not post.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone figured out a way to make drivers seat NOT adjustable? Let me explain....
It took me a while to get the right position on my drivers seat. I took it to dealer twice, car wash and valet and told each one of those morons to not move the seat yet they did.
I’m 5 10” so I’m right in between where most can drive without touching anything yet they do.
One mechanic adjusted every dam setting. If it had power memory seats I could care less but it does not.
Any ideas?
I had a Silverado with electric seats, over the years it got to where it would move about a 1/2 inch back and forth, motor got play in it as it got older I guess. Anyway when I got seat where I wanted it, I drilled a 1/4 inch hole through both the track on the seat and the slide it went in and used a straight coupler pin in it, worked great. You want to move the seat you just pull the pin. :).

OP
OP
alrola

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I had a Silverado with electric seats, over the years it got to where it would move about a 1/2 inch back and forth, motor got play in it as it got older I guess. Anyway when I got seat where I wanted it, I drilled a 1/4 inch hole through both the track on the seat and the slide it went in and used a straight coupler pin in it, worked great. You want to move the seat you just pull the pin. :).

Thank you.

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
And I'm surprised it doesn't have a sno-cone machine. Seriously, at these prices? Blue raspberry.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
I know this isn't a suggestion to the solution but rather an observation or something to think about. As much of a pain as it can be for some to more the seat back to a certain position, I wouldn't want to limit someone else that needs to drive it from getting the best spot for them. I would rather have them get their "perfect" spot so they can reach all pedals and controls comfortably and be able to see the area around the vehicle. I don't want anyone to drive my Jeep and have to over reach, strain, or scrunch down to use the controls or see and possibly hit something with it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.