Sponsored

Locker won’t disengage help

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So I was getting ready to hit the road and I saw the rear locker had engaged. I was in 2 wheel drive. Hadn’t been in 4 wheel at all. So I thought maybe I hit the switch accidentally. Reached down to flip it off. It wouldn’t turn off. Shut the Jeep down. Restarted Nothing worked. Did this several times. No luck. Drove down the road 300 yards pulled into a parking lot fiddled around for a while. Nothing. So called Jeep. They were no help. Told me I had a bad actuator switch. Finally did connected the battery. Reconnected. And on the second restart the switch disengaged. So my question is. Is that a bad actuator switch? Have you experienced anything like this. Is it something to worry about or just a fluke? The only thing I have done was about 2 weeks ago I was wheeling in deep snow belly dragging deep. I also have a taser but have not altered the locker settings. Your thoughts?
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I was getting ready to hit the road and I saw the rear locker had engaged. I was in 2 wheel drive. Hadn’t been in 4 wheel at all. So I thought maybe I hit the switch accidentally. Reached down to flip it off. It wouldn’t turn off. Shut the Jeep down. Restarted Nothing worked. Did this several times. No luck. Drove down the road 300 yards pulled into a parking lot fiddled around for a while. Nothing. So called Jeep. They were no help. Told me I had a bad actuator switch. Finally did connected the battery. Reconnected. And on the second restart the switch disengaged. So my question is. Is that a bad actuator switch? Have you experienced anything like this. Is it something to worry about or just a fluke? The only thing I have done was about 2 weeks ago I was wheeling in deep snow belly dragging deep. I also have a taser but have not altered the locker settings. Your thoughts?
Hi wanderer,
I understand the frustration that this may have caused, however I'm glad to hear your Jeep is operating well again. If you have any questions in the future or require additional support, don't hesitate to reach out.

Kathryn
JeepCares