Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thank You Sir!!

I have been trying my hardest to stay positive and not feel like a jackass during this.
No labels here Sir…… this place is a good place to get info from a wide range of great ppl that have a wealth of knowledge on Jeeps and these vehicles that are produced here and now are so much more complex than a carbed slant 6 with a single battery using points and plugs and a simple 12 v system of yester year …

I can remember a time when all you needed was an extra belt, a gallon of coolant and a few simple tools to carry in the back and when you hooked up a stereo you just stuck a wire fuse block under the dash without fear of damage.
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
No labels here Sir…… this place is a good place to get info from a wide range of great ppl that have a wealth of knowledge on Jeeps and these vehicles that are produced here and now are so much more complex than a carbed slant 6 with a single battery using points and plugs and a simple 12 v system of yester year …
Yes, but it wasn't easy changing the points with the distributer tucked down there like that.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but it wasn't easy changing the points with the distributer tucked down there like that.
I kinda forgot about that….and let’s not talk about all the linkage on the carb and using a clothes pin on the buttery to keep it open in the winter, they were a labor of love back then and now you almost have to be an electrical engineer to work on newer vehicles

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
@kapk22 you have been a pretty solid Trooper thru all of this, you must have a lot of patience….
Update,

On Sunday May 30th I called the dealership and asked if the service department would be open Monday (Memorial Day). The employee told me they would be open. I took the Jeep down the next morning to find the Service Department was closed. I spoke with a salesman and he told me I could leave the Jeep and drop the keys in the early bird box with instructions.

For the next week and a half I called, left multiple voicemails, and emailed the service advisor four times. I even called and left a voicemail with the Service Manager, he never called back. On Wednesday June 12th, I called and asked to please speak with a real person, as every time I called it would just ring when they forwarded me to the service department. The same thing happened, so I called back and asked to speak with the General Manager. The lady said he was “not available” and I finally raised my voice. I told her my Jeep had been there for a week and a half and no one would return my calls or emails, including the service manager. She told me the only thing she could do was email the service advisor and I could call back every five minutes to request her to resend the email. I am not able to do this, as I have a work schedule.

On Thursday ( June 13th) I called and spoke with the same receptionist. This time she decided to send another email and include the general Manager, as well as the Sales Manager. About twenty minutes later I received a call from the service advisor. Finally….. he asked me who installed the lift on my Jeep and I told him I did. Keeping in mind I had torqued every bolt to spec and had it aligned right after.

He told me the technician found the front track bar loose and the threads striped. He said the track bar was part of the lift kit, which is not. I installed a rough country adjustable while doing the lift. He also told me several control arms were loose, as well as the rear swaybar.

I asked him if the paint issue around the hinges had been fixed and he said it did not fall under warranty, because there was not chipping, bubbling, or flaking. I found this odd as others on this forum have had theirs repainted under warranty.

At this point, I just wanted my Jeep back from that dealership. I left work early and drove straight there. When I walked into the service department I found one advisor at his desk staring at his computer. He did not even look up at me, as they did before. I told the man I was there to pick my Jeep up and he looked at me like I was interrupting him. Another female voice behind me said “I can help you with that.”

So, I got the Jeep back. The passenger side hood latch was still open, big surprise. When I got home I found the front track bar loose and retightened it. The noise was still there, so I had the same shop retorque everything and do another alignment. They found the rear trackbar loose and the end links on the rear sway bar as well (this is what they said was causing the noise).

Ultimately, this has been a total nightmare, but I have my Jeep back.

I plan on writing a letter of complaint to the general manager, as well as FCA. I cannot remember ever having experienced this type of treatment from a business. I don’t know if it has something to do with our current times, or if customer service is simply a rare occurrence now.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@kapk22 again you have more tolerance than me or most owners would have, I would have either traded it off or sold it to another dealer.

Im honestly not sure what’s going on with the Wrangler JL, they released it in 2018 and it’s still plagued by some of the same problems as the 2018‘s

I have been super lucky maybe as I have had only small issues that have only required dealer service intervention a few times and even though it has always taken a day or more to resolve the small things have been fixed but it gets to a point where you have to walk away but hopefully the worst is behind now for you.

Sponsored

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Update,

On Sunday May 30th I called the dealership and asked if the service department would be open Monday (Memorial Day). The employee told me they would be open. I took the Jeep down the next morning to find the Service Department was closed. I spoke with a salesman and he told me I could leave the Jeep and drop the keys in the early bird box with instructions.

For the next week and a half I called, left multiple voicemails, and emailed the service advisor four times. I even called and left a voicemail with the Service Manager, he never called back. On Wednesday June 12th, I called and asked to please speak with a real person, as every time I called it would just ring when they forwarded me to the service department. The same thing happened, so I called back and asked to speak with the General Manager. The lady said he was “not available” and I finally raised my voice. I told her my Jeep had been there for a week and a half and no one would return my calls or emails, including the service manager. She told me the only thing she could do was email the service advisor and I could call back every five minutes to request her to resend the email. I am not able to do this, as I have a work schedule.

On Thursday ( June 13th) I called and spoke with the same receptionist. This time she decided to send another email and include the general Manager, as well as the Sales Manager. About twenty minutes later I received a call from the service advisor. Finally….. he asked me who installed the lift on my Jeep and I told him I did. Keeping in mind I had torqued every bolt to spec and had it aligned right after.

He told me the technician found the front track bar loose and the threads striped. He said the track bar was part of the lift kit, which is not. I installed a rough country adjustable while doing the lift. He also told me several control arms were loose, as well as the rear swaybar.

I asked him if the paint issue around the hinges had been fixed and he said it did not fall under warranty, because there was not chipping, bubbling, or flaking. I found this odd as others on this forum have had theirs repainted under warranty.

At this point, I just wanted my Jeep back from that dealership. I left work early and drove straight there. When I walked into the service department I found one advisor at his desk staring at his computer. He did not even look up at me, as they did before. I told the man I was there to pick my Jeep up and he looked at me like I was interrupting him. Another female voice behind me said “I can help you with that.”

So, I got the Jeep back. The passenger side hood latch was still open, big surprise. When I got home I found the front track bar loose and retightened it. The noise was still there, so I had the same shop retorque everything and do another alignment. They found the rear trackbar loose and the end links on the rear sway bar as well (this is what they said was causing the noise).

Ultimately, this has been a total nightmare, but I have my Jeep back.

I plan on writing a letter of complaint to the general manager, as well as FCA. I cannot remember ever having experienced this type of treatment from a business. I don’t know if it has something to do with our current times, or if customer service is simply a rare occurrence now.
WHAT DEALERSHIP IS THIS?

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
2021 Unlimited Rubicon with 7” Uconnect.

was working on installing the stinger Heigh10 yesterday and got to the step where you unplug the usb off the back side of the console and plug the new one in.

I ran out of time last night and hopped in to go to work just now. Jeep won’t start.

I plugged the old usb wire back in and the dash says “service airbag”

and the radio screen has “please enter anti-theft code”
lift the fuse cover and make sure all the fuses are fully inserted

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
lift the fuse cover and make sure all the fuses are fully inserted
Did that first thing. Everything was seated. When I picked the Jeep up in October at the original dealership in Idaho, the salesman showed me that as well. I still am not 100% sure which wire this dealership is saying was “pinched” under the drivers seat. And,,, I cannot really trust what they say anyway.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
@kapk22 again you have more tolerance than me or most owners would have, I would have either traded it off or sold it to another dealer.

Im honestly not sure what’s going on with the Wrangler JL, they released it in 2018 and it’s still plagued by some of the same problems as the 2018‘s

I have been super lucky maybe as I have had only small issues that have only required dealer service intervention a few times and even though it has always taken a day or more to resolve the small things have been fixed but it gets to a point where you have to walk away but hopefully the worst is behind now for you.
This will likely be the last new Jeep I will ever purchase.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
JEEP stands for J-ust E-mpty E-very P-ocket
Yeah, but that should be for mods, not bs….

Just read a post on Facebook about carbon buildup at 40k miles needing walnut blasted. Discouraging..

At least mine only has 2600 miles on her :)
Sponsored