Load E tires on Manual Rubicon

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Don't pay attention to the load range. Pay attention to the weight of the tire. Shop around and pick one that's more lightweight. There's a huge difference from brand to brand.
Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like 285/75 is 3lbs lighter than 315s

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
You have the BFG Load C which is lighter than mine. I have 35" Nitto Ridge grapplers that weigh 75 lbs on their own plus my wheels are 29 lbs I think. I have to say it's sluggish. I've only been driving a few days on them but it's noticeable. Kinda bothers me. I don't want to regear so thinking I may have to go back to stock tires.
Already sold mine lol, so I'll have to buy others. I'm going to give it more time. I wonder about switching to C load but then don't want to have to swap and sell tires again.
I get what you're saying...Considering I daily drive 25k miles/yr and offroad once a month, I didnt go with Nitto tires bc of the added weight and bc they werent offered in load c. I went with 315/70/17 ko2 load c bc they seem to be a pretty good tire on and off rd that only weighs 64lbs. Also chose a lighter 17×8.5" wheel that weighs 25lbs. Your setup weighs about 15lbs more at each corner and in terms of rolling weight, I bet that can be felt a bit.