First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
Occupation
Data Engineer / Application Developer
I see a lot of complaining of comfort with e-load tires. I had 315/75R16 Nitto Mud Grapplers, which where E range, on my JK. Once I lowered the tired pressure to around 30psi +-, it was all good, no complaints. I want to run the same tire (in a 17) when my Jeep arrives..but are these complaints from people expecting a Cadillac (probably why I see the influx of 20s+)....or is the JL even that much lighter that it makes the tire that much stiffer? I love my Mud Grapplers, lol, and they only come in that heavier load.
Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
My tires are BFG 35x12.5R18 load range E. I have the front set to 30, and just lowered the rear to 28. I don’t think the ride is bad at all.

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
Yeah, I was expecting the worst yesterday when I had a set of load range E's installed. I'm currently at 34psi all around and the ride is a lot better than what I was anticipating. I read and read numerous folks opinions before deciding to take a chance and personally don't see what all the fuss is about.

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
My tires are BFG 35x12.5R18 load range E. I have the front set to 30, and just lowered the rear to 28. I don’t think the ride is bad at all.
I agree with @CanAmMick -- I just got the same BFG 35 x 12.5 but R20's running at 32 in the front and 30 in the rear and they're smooth as butter.
Sponsored