Sponsored

Light switch question

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Clearly that's what I've already been doing, shown by the fact that this is not my post :P
@Shamwedge

"For Rubicons, Sahara and Moab's, Sport S, it (the left roller) controls the ambient door handle light and also the foot well ambient lighting "

IF it does not then whine to the dealer....

Shamwedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S | 2 Door | 6 Speed | Hydro
@Shamwedge

"For Rubicons, Sahara and Moab's, Sport S, it (the left roller) controls the ambient door handle light and also the foot well ambient lighting "

IF it does not then whine to the dealer....
I've seen that posted several times, and stated in my original post, that's not what's happening, unfortunately. I still asked because there were a-lot of back and forth contradicting information, as most of those posts were created back in 2018, and information would have been fairly new. Things have changed in the last 3 years and wanted to see if this was something that's been changed before I spend an hour at the dealer. My reading comprehension is just fine. But thank you for the help.

Skol!

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander, 2014 HD Road King
Sorry to raise an old post from the dead, but didn't want to create a new one.

I have the Sport S, and my right roll switch controls every light in the car. My left roll switch does absolutely nothing.

I checked the dome light, cup holders, the instrument panel, the dash, the small door handle light, the floor lights (These only turn on and off with no dimming, and the accent lights for all the knobs and switches. I'm at a loss. Everything listed is controlled by the right roll switch.

What am I missing here, because right now, the left roll switch is a dead switch.
I've found the same thing on my 21 JL Islander (which is based on a Sport). The switch on the right controls EVERY interior light, including the cupholders, door lights, AND under-dash footwell lights. Left does nothing at all. Dealer told me that the left switch controls the lights that many have mentioned here, and that they checked it and nothing is wrong. Ugh... :headbang: I checked it myself again, and they are WRONG. I hate :swear: dealers!

Please let me know if you find something different. I may pull the switches to check how it's wired, but more likely will wait until the next free service (💰-free, not aggravation-free...) to drag the service writer out to the Jeep and put his head in the footwell (Nicely, of course...) to observe the issue.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Just adding this ........The switch on the right controls EVERY interior light, including the cupholders, door lights, AND under-dash footwell lights. The left controls intensity of the light emitted(although it actually is very little) I think you need to have the right turned up before it clicks to dome on and then slowly use the left in a dark surrounding and you will see very slight increase in the lights. again in a dark surrounding! because the graduation of light is minimal at best.

RoadRouge

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
The left switch does nothing if the right switch is not in a specific setting. I found the left has to be set below the max and one additional bump down if that’s makes any sense. And then the adjustment is very subtle.
Sponsored