First Name
Jarret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Military
As a recent Rubicon owner I am looking to add some aggressiveness to my 2020 Wrangler. I am looking to swap out to 35s or 37s however this Rubi is my daily driver and flat tow vehicle. I have reviewed several builds and determined that ride comfort was best obtained with Fox shocks, I am looking at getting either the Fox Racing 2.5 or the 3.0 remote reservoir shocks. Does anyone have experience with these shocks and what lift kits worked well with them? Teraflex? Rubicon Express? Suggestions? Thank you for any and ALL suggestions/help!
Sponsored

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
3.0 will be way stiffer than 2.5

You can always get a relvalving company to revolve them to make it softer.

OP
OP
Jarret

Jarret

First Name
Jarret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Military
3.0 will be way stiffer than 2.5

You can always get a relvalving company to revolve them to make it softer.
Took a ride today in my buddies 2020 Glad Moab that had 35s and Fox shocks right from the dealer. The shocks appear to be the Fox 2.5s and the ride felt good going down the road. I’ve never had shocks re-valved how does that impact off road ability?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
What the heck is a 2020 Glad Moab...?

Some sort of side-by-side?

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What the heck is a 2020 Glad Moab...?

Some sort of side-by-side?
It is a very happy JL that gets to go to Moab on a frequent basis.

I think he means Gladiator Moab edition.

I would say the part of the reason the Gladiator rides better is the longer wheelbase compared to the JLs.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Glad -> Gladiator is a bit of a stretch. Is there even a Gladiator Moab Edition...?

Did he mean a Jeep Gladiator Mojave...?

This is like interpreting Egyptian hieroglyphics!

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
You can Have them re valved to your off road likings
Took a ride today in my buddies 2020 Glad Moab that had 35s and Fox shocks right from the dealer. The shocks appear to be the Fox 2.5s and the ride felt good going down the road. I’ve never had shocks re-valved how does that impact off road ability?
them t

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
As a recent Rubicon owner I am looking to add some aggressiveness to my 2020 Wrangler. I am looking to swap out to 35s or 37s however this Rubi is my daily driver and flat tow vehicle. I have reviewed several builds and determined that ride comfort was best obtained with Fox shocks, I am looking at getting either the Fox Racing 2.5 or the 3.0 remote reservoir shocks. Does anyone have experience with these shocks and what lift kits worked well with them? Teraflex? Rubicon Express? Suggestions? Thank you for any and ALL suggestions/help!
I suggest/recommend the Mopar lift for $1,100 on Amazon. It rides nice and will clear 35's. With very minor adjustments to rear liners and front steering stops I run 37's and no rubbing. Add adj. frt. LCA, a adj. Frt. Trackbar and a relocation bracket for the rear T.B. and you are good to go for less than $2G DIY. If you want a stock look with tires under the fenders AEV JL Pintlers have stock spec's but are an inch wider.
I am happy with my build but it's not a DD'r. I strongly believe 35's are the right size for a DD'r. Some photos in my showcase

OP
OP
Jarret

Jarret

First Name
Jarret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Military
Glad -> Gladiator is a bit of a stretch. Is there even a Gladiator Moab Edition...?

Did he mean a Jeep Gladiator Mojave...?

This is like interpreting Egyptian hieroglyphics!
Yes you got me I surrender! In all my excitement that night I did mean "Gladiator Mojave "

OP
OP
Jarret

Jarret

First Name
Jarret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Military
I suggest/recommend the Mopar lift for $1,100 on Amazon. It rides nice and will clear 35's. With very minor adjustments to rear liners and front steering stops I run 37's and no rubbing. Add adj. frt. LCA, a adj. Frt. Trackbar and a relocation bracket for the rear T.B. and you are good to go for less than $2G DIY. If you want a stock look with tires under the fenders AEV JL Pintlers have stock spec's but are an inch wider.
I am happy with my build but it's not a DD'r. I strongly believe 35's are the right size for a DD'r. Some photos in my showcase
Thanks for that info. My original plan was to get the Mopar lift in order to maintain the warranty if at all possible.
Sponsored