License plate relocation ideas?

Justhiller

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU ā€˜19
Just bought the motobilt crusher rear bumper. Before I install it I would like to relocate my license plate somewhere.

Any good ways to relocate the license plate and still have it lit?
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Just bought the motobilt crusher rear bumper. Before I install it I would like to relocate my license plate somewhere.

Iā€™m curious about locations other than the brackets many include to put it near where the JK plate was mounted and donā€™t really care for mounting it on the spare either. I did see a swing away tire carrier that has one on the arm though that looked good. Not sure about a light.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
there are a few place that make universal kits for mounting the license plate, some are on the driver side but are in a spot that can get hung up on trees but lots are designed to work with their bumper so may need to do some tweaking between brands

also there are lots in the spare tire mount that are universal and just bolt up the spare studs but you just have to make sure that you can unplug the plate wiring easily when you need to actually use the spare

and other option if you dont care about looks is self tapper screws, just saying

as for lighting many come with a packaged solution and usually its over priced for what it actually is but there are many options of light bolts like these that replace plate screws

https://www.amazon.com/CZC-AUTO-Wat...0&sprefix=license+plate+light+,aps,147&sr=8-2

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We are building these. Just got mine back from powder coating. Will use an led license plate light wired into the factory plate light. Will use carriage bolts to secure it. Way over kill and obnoxiously over built out of 3/16th plate

Excuse the poor pics, they are all I have on my iPad today.

Brett

8F201DD4-7F20-4BAB-9656-04889E8C6128.jpeg

261DCECD-BEED-4447-812D-B2F8DC69F168.jpeg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

I've got the LOD bracket that mounts it inside the spare with the third brake light and I added their light bolts for the license plate light. Nice clean look. I bought a 4 pin connector from Amazon so I can just unplug it when rotating/changing tires.

Sponsored

KinderMojo

First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sport S. GMC Sierra, Mercedes G63
Occupation
Engineer
Hated the plate in the center of the tire... used the bracket and attached it to the bumper.. also easier to connect the plate light..

9CDFCA42-C76A-4A2E-8EBE-F4AC8ADFD2D6.jpeg
Sponsored