Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The seats in my JLUR are just okay. Not bad, not good, just okay. A few weeks ago, I was plowing snow in an F250. I plowed for about 9 hours. and got to thinking that the leather seats in this F250 were way nicer than what is in my JLUR.

I can't think of a reason why a great seat that was similar in size could not be modified and put in my JLUR. I think I could even wire up so they had power and heat.

What vehicle have you owned and thought man the seat is comfy? I am sure that I can buy just about any seat I want from an auto salvage yard. I would think that there are thousands of black vehicle seats available at a fraction of the cost to get my Jeep seats reworked.
Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Chevrolet Suburban, very comfy. JLUR, not so much.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I think Nissan has some of the absolute most comfortable seats in almost any vehicle I’ve driven. I think they call them “zero gravity” seats or something like that. Whatever they call them, they’re good. Unfortunately for my back, I don’t have even the slightest desire to drive any vehicle that Nissan makes.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Coming from a Tahoe to the Wrangler - my back notices the difference - especially after a multiple hour road trip. The JL seats are simply not comfortable. My kids HATE the rear seat and still do after I installed the recline kit. Still have and drive my 1998 TJ, and I have no complaints with those seats, even after 10 hour road trips to Vermont from PA.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
My TJ has some of the most comfortable seats that I’ve sat in. They don’t look like much but they work nicely in the Jeep.

Sponsored

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
04 Chevy Suburban 2500. Everyone loved the seats in that thing!

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I can't think of a reason why a great seat that was similar in size could not be modified and put in my JLUR. I think I could even wire up so they had power and heat.
One thing to keep on mind it that the JL seats have an airbags built in.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Volvo seats are amazing. Best seats I’ve ever sat in for a prolonged period of time.

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
Coming from a Tahoe to the Wrangler - my back notices the difference - especially after a multiple hour road trip. The JL seats are simply not comfortable. My kids HATE the rear seat and still do after I installed the recline kit. Still have and drive my 1998 TJ, and I have no complaints with those seats, even after 10 hour road trips to Vermont from PA.
I've been considering the rear seat recline modification. What do your kids not like about them now? Mine are 15, 12 and 10 and we're headed to Myrtle Beach in a month. I was thinking this would make it a little more comfortable for them, but if not I don't want to waste the money.

Thanks.

Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I've been considering the rear seat recline modification. What do your kids not like about them now? Mine are 15, 12 and 10 and we're headed to Myrtle Beach in a month. I was thinking this would make it a little more comfortable for them, but if not I don't want to waste the money.

Thanks.
We bought the Willys JLU with the cloth interior back in June of '20. Two kids, 16 and now 18, their main complaint is the lack of a center armrest in this middle. I believe certain leather interiors have a built in armrest that folds down, but a non issue for you with 3 back there.

They do like the recline kit, my son who is 6ft complains about the seat belt on his shoulder - there is no vertical adjustment for the shoulder harness at the roll bar, that annoys him on longer trips.

We were all spoiled by the comfort afforded by our old Tahoe on long road trips.

IMO the recline kit was worth the money. FYI you will need a breaker bar or impact gun breaking those factory seats bolts loose when you do the install of that kit - they had red loctite on those from the factory.

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
BMW sport seats have always worked well for me. Got a set from a E46 installed in my FJ80.
The JL seats are alright, the bottom could be a touch softer IMO...

Pete
Sponsored