Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
OK - that works for brake lights and turn signals together. Now I'm not certain about the third brake light. It doesn't seem to be coming on.

Info... I'm using Demco Stay in Play Duo braking system. I've installed four diodes and wiring for the tail/brake/turn signals. It all seems to be working now except for the third brake light. I wonder if I should use something like what is shown in the link below to bring in yellow and green and use only the red out... or would a third brake light flasher do the same conversion?
3rd brake light works independently of the brake lights. I ran a wire from an add on brake switch and use that for it. I believe I described it all in my original post.

treesmacker

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord V6
3rd brake light works independently of the brake lights. I ran a wire from an add on brake switch and use that for it. I believe I described it all in my original post.
OK - yes I remember that now... sorry I'm kind of tired after four days of installing the tow bar baseplate, light wiring, and the Stay in Play. I do have a brake light switch kit on order, but unfortunately it won't arrive before our first trip. I just read Oregon requirements and as long as I have two brake lights working I'll be legal, though I'd prefer to get the third working. The brake lights on the motorhome are fairly high also and should be visible over the top of the Jeep.
Thanks so much for your help!

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Perhaps I missed it, but does your RV have an air system for air brakes? If so, I can enthusiastically recommend the Air Force One system. I have it installed on our 2019 JKUR and the Raptor, so it’s easy to swap toads Depending on the trip.

The roadmaster system I have, the “Nighthawk”, is super easy to attach and remove. I remove two pins, unplug the electrical and air quick connects, and detach the break-away and safety cables. There’s nothing to remove inside the Jeep, so my wife hops into the driver’s seat while I disconnect or connect. I’m old and slow moving now, but we can hook the Jeep up for towing in under two minutes. Unhooking is even faster — and she never has to leave the driver’s seat!

I originally had a full roadmaster tow-bar system, but all the jeep-mounted hardware conflicted with the winch installation, and I didn’t like how it looked, so I ripped it out and installed the Maximus-3 winch plate and tow rings. That allowed me to keep my factory steel bumper on the jeep, which I like, and install the Warn Zeon. The end look is MUCH cleaner too... no goofy tubes sticking out under the bumper — just stout, nicely recessed, tow rings that look OEM and can be used for recovery. I found a similar set up for the Raptor, except the direct-mount solution there still left me with tubes facing the front, so I welded the factory tow loops to pieces I could slide in and lock in the tubes, so the Raptor looks OEM too, except for where I plug in the air fitting and the electrical.

On Jeep lighting: When I set up to tow, I turn the hazards-flashers on in the coach, then turn everything in the Jeep off. By the time the Jeep is plugged in up front I can confirm my lights are working properly by walking behind the Jeep and noting that the wrangler lights are flashing with the coach.

Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement