Sponsored

LED Aux Lighting

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I've look around the forums and didn't find anything on actual user experience with aftermarket LED lighting. I have a 2018 JL with all LED factory lighting, but want to add some cube A pillar lighting and cube lighting facing the back for loading a trailer at night.
All the ones I see show the lights on, but with the camera shot facing the light. I want to get the farthest lighting in the smallest cube.
I'm not looking for something that shines to the end of the hood, but lighting with 'reach' without the bulkiness.

Any thoughts, experiences, what works and what to stay away from. Quality matters, cost, not so much.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I put 4 Rigid Industries D Series Pro spot lights, two on front bumper, two on the cowls and was very disappointed with their beam spread and distance. Replacing them with 6" KC LED lights that have a long distance, already have them on my JK. I think my expectations are higher than any cube or light bar can reach.

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I installed very bright LED reverse light bulbs... they throw out a lot of light, but the bulbs have a yellowish spot which is visible through the reverse lens.

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Good thread! I am seeking information on quality lights too.

Personally, I've never been as gah gah over the rigid cube lights, either. They have very little "throw." Interesting to find out what people use that really works.

OP
OP

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I put 4 Rigid Industries D Series Pro spot lights, two on front bumper, two on the cowls and was very disappointed with their beam spread and distance. Replacing them with 6" KC LED lights that have a long distance, already have them on my JK. I think my expectations are higher than any cube or light bar can reach.
I agree, my expectations are higher than cube lights can deliver.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Good thread! I am seeking information on quality lights too.

Personally, I've never been as gah gah over the rigid cube lights, either. They have very little "throw." Interesting to find out what people use that really works.
The cubes look compact enough, but I suspect the 'throw' isn't much or the companies would advertise them that way. They only show how the light itself looks, not the effectiveness. Don't want anything gaudy either.

Diesel550

First Name
Addam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Check out Whelen.
Wide selection, great quality.
My reverse light setup:
2 Whelen Micro 3led
1 Wheln Micro 6led