Sponsored

Latest JLU issues

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I'm sorry you're having issues but honestly none of these are serious in any way. Climate controls not working is certainly annoying but I live in the northeast too and the heat alone is plenty after idling for 5 minutes. By far the best heat I've ever felt from any brand. You can spend 70k+ on a luxury vehicle and get "thieved" too. Fact is in the motor industry today almost all vehicle issues across all brands are related to electronics.
You are blaming the OP for expecting things he paid for to work. Imagine if something you paid for didn't work for 5 minutes. TV doesn't turn on for 5 minutes. You try to make a call, but your phone doesn't dial for 5 minutes. It sounds like he's been to the dealer several times, repeatedly, to get things fixed. It gets frustrating, a proper response isn't "oh thats minor". Now maybe he should try a different dealer, if he can. But don't make excuses for Jeep for things that don't work properly that he repeatedly tried to get fixed at a dealer.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Not true, 9 yrs. with my GTI with 286K on the odometer when I gave it away.
That's fair. I was thinking high-end German cars along the lines of BMWs, Porsches and Mercedes.

BTW, a buddy of mine owned a Golf R for 6 or 7 years. He loved it! One day the catalytic converter died and couldn't renew the registration. Fixing the car cost more money than it was worth. He traded it in for a Subaru WRX stick-shift. He got about $,3,000 for it.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
You are blaming the OP for expecting things he paid for to work. Imagine if something you paid for didn't work for 5 minutes. TV doesn't turn on for 5 minutes. You try to make a call, but your phone doesn't dial for 5 minutes. It sounds like he's been to the dealer several times, repeatedly, to get things fixed. It gets frustrating, a proper response isn't "oh thats minor". Now maybe he should try a different dealer, if he can. But don't make excuses for Jeep for things that don't work properly that he repeatedly tried to get fixed at a dealer.
Where did I "blame" him for anything? You quoted my post so surely you must have read it. All I said was silly issues like this are not unique to Jeep. It's not an excuse to say with modern vehicles regardless of brand you could expect minor electronic issues to arise.

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
I blame society.

And nothing I pay for ever works.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi all,

This is my first Jeep and weā€™re headed into year 3. Some observations:

- you gotta be kidding me for the price of this vehicle and the shoddy electronics

- Iā€™ve had the display replaced 2x (I had the 999k issue as well as some others) but it has been into the dealer 4 times.

- currently I have an issue where the climate controls (notably heated steering wheel, seats, actual heat) doesnā€™t even light up when I start it up in the morning. Takes 5 minutes into my commute. I live in the Northeast. Itā€™s f-in cold in Winter

I get the Jeep quirk thing. But putting out a piece of shit and charging me north of 40k for all of the problems I continue to have is thievery.
Hi Tim,
We're sorry to hear about the concerns you have experiencing. If you need any assistance throughout your dealer visit, please send our team a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

rcc1123

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Hi all,

This is my first Jeep and weā€™re headed into year 3. Some observations:

- you gotta be kidding me for the price of this vehicle and the shoddy electronics

- Iā€™ve had the display replaced 2x (I had the 999k issue as well as some others) but it has been into the dealer 4 times.

- currently I have an issue where the climate controls (notably heated steering wheel, seats, actual heat) doesnā€™t even light up when I start it up in the morning. Takes 5 minutes into my commute. I live in the Northeast. Itā€™s f-in cold in Winter

I get the Jeep quirk thing. But putting out a piece of shit and charging me north of 40k for all of the problems I continue to have is thievery.
I agree, the electronics MUST suck. My damn JL coffee maker and my Mopar back massager have not worked since I bought the JLUS and all I get are blank stares from the service people when I complain about them.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
. I on the other hand have been very lucky I guess with my early 18 as Iā€™ve had one very minor thing go wrong
Agreed. Mine as well so far.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
1 year, 8300ish miles, zero issues. I love my JLUR, my kid loves my JLUR, my wife tolerates it more than my TJ's. I call it a win-win overall. my TJ's were slightly more bash-worthy, but that's because they were old and I was less careful with them.

Some of the "issues" in this thread are laughable compared to some of the more serious ones- even funnier when you look at some of the vehicle comparisons being made, and funnier still when people raise holy hell about the "quality" of the Jeep and their "issues", then you look at their "mods"... .

If you really like the Jeep platform? Find a dealer to work with to get "issues" warrantied. If you're still not satisfied, or the issue persists? Drop the money to get it fixed right (that's my plan), or dump the Jeep and get something else. As is, I've turned enough wrenches on Jeeps at this point in my life to know how to fix enough stuff, and can source proper parts that will fix whatever I may encounter- and if I can't do the work myself, I know enough 4x4 shops who can handle it for me, and (from my previous experience with my TJ's) I was prepared and I've been saving a little bit of money here and there just in case- because I love this stupid toy and I want to keep playing with it and enjoying it with my family.

The entire platform isn't a "piece of shit" because you got a bad one. Let's try to keep things in perspective.

Ironically enough- my brother and I had this conversation a few weeks back when his Cherokee had issues. As vehicles inevitably become more advanced, so to do their features and systems, including the software and electronics that run the vehicle. Manufacturers can hardly keep up, and almost need an engineer or software developer on call at the dealer/ Regional level to handle some of the bugs that may come up. I wouldn't be totally surprised if this ends up being the case at some point. It may end up being part of the cost of doing business, and manufacturers will need to pony up.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Knock on wood, my Jeep Wrangler 2018 Sahara, other than the ESS problem (battery replaced), I have had no problems, and enjoy every time I get into it. I cannot see myself in any other vehicle. And I tend to keep cars until they DIE!!! (RIP 1998 Olds Silouette Van- 2016)

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Sounds like you regret getting the optional nav which has a "sync time with gps"
I regret not getting it lol. Not sure I should have known that the standard Uconnect couldn't keep time tho.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I regret not getting it lol. Not sure I should have known that the standard Uconnect couldn't keep time tho.
Only time problem Iā€™ve had with my 7 inch was when I was near a time zone. It would get confusing and set itself back each startup, but would fix itself within a few minutes. It seemed to do that within 20 miles or so from a time zone.
Sponsored