Landed and looking to explore!

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
A couple months back I posted we were relocating to CO Springs. We are here. I'm looking for a local buddy to run with and do some exploring. I know 'zero' about what's here, what's close or any of the obvious great trails and trips. A club may be in the the future, but for now just looking for a buddy to get out there with and see what's here.
Jeep is more than capable and I've been trucking and jeeping for 40 years. Just need a buddy/guide. Never been a good idea to roll solo in an area I knew very well! This land will all be brand new so a solo run doesn't seem smart.
Retired and ready!
Jeep Wrangler JL Landed and looking to explore! 20200915_124450
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
A couple months back I posted we were relocating to CO Springs. We are here. I'm looking for a local buddy to run with and do some exploring. I know 'zero' about what's here, what's close or any of the obvious great trails and trips. A club may be in the the future, but for now just looking for a buddy to get out there with and see what's here.
Jeep is more than capable and I've been trucking and jeeping for 40 years. Just need a buddy/guide. Never been a good idea to roll solo in an area I knew very well! This land will all be brand new so a solo run doesn't seem smart.
Retired and ready!
Another successful escape story! Congrats.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
While I can not assist you, as I am in Michigan, I did enjoy Red Cone and Websters Pass.

kelvinator

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Welcome to Colorado! Knock if you're ever in Chaffee county. High elevation passes are the bomb but these won't open until June - could be sooner given our crappy snowfall so far. It's snow wheeling on lower trails until then.

LastFrontier1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR Sarge Green
Retired and ready!
Welcome to Colorado Springs. You might want to check out the website and Facebook page for Colorado 4x4 Rescue and Recovery (www.co4x4rnr.org). A lot of the rescues are in neighboring counties or places an hour or two away.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Welcome to Colorado! Knock if you're ever in Chaffee county. High elevation passes are the bomb but these won't open until June - could be sooner given our crappy snowfall so far. It's snow wheeling on lower trails until then.
Or even July :crying: Pearl didn't open until mid July this last summer. @Blu bi Kong fear not you got some people here. For now I'd look at rainbowfalls by you and Hackett gulch is running smoothly so I've seen. Make sure you get Rudys BBQ after or before too.

Once things melt out Red Cone and webster as mentioned, along with argentine are the close ones. Spring creek if you're feeling frisky. San Juans mid summer to mid fall for all the scenic pass stuff + pearl pass as I mentioned.

You're going to love it. Just holler on here or "colorado jeeps n java colorado" and "colorado jeep club" on facebook, if you're wanting to head out somewhere, I'm in to join :D.

-Julia
Sponsored