Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, I almost pulled the plug on coil overs. I am glad I did not, I have just too much weight for coil overs and this would create way to much body roll.

4DAD4A52-2AB4-4B81-A774-E91AACF3BEB5.jpeg
Not neccissarily. If the weight doesnt drastically change too often and the springs get correct rate. Coilovers create less body roll because it moves the springs outboard more
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Plus you also have the dual rate nuts to adjust to your liking

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Curious to know what issues you ran into with spring rates. Didn't they calculate them ahead of time?
Well at the time I ordered it I was doing the 392 swap so I didn’t have any weight to go off of. So we just winged it as close as possible. I weighed my rig and it’s sitting at 3080 up front and 2660 in the rear. (She’s a heavy girl lol)

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Curious to know what issues you ran into with spring rates. Didn't they calculate them ahead of time?
I have a Recon setup sitting in my garage. I can attest that Rebel never asked me one question about the setup of my rig during the order process, when I tried to give them the info they just brushed it off. I'm pretty sure they are just selling Kings that they have determined "should" work with most JL's. I'll most likely be going through you guys via one of your tuning sessions to get these things dialed in because I'm pretty sure the spring rates and valving are going to suck on my Jeep just looking at what they sent me. Once I get them on, I'll know for sure. In hindsight, I wish I had gone through you in the first place.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I can’t say anything negative or positive about evo since I have not run their suspension.

I can say that I purchased an accutune fox 20 coilover kit and the on road manners are amazing. It drives noticeably smoother than stock, yet firmer when turning. It’s almost like there is some voodoo inside the suspension. I will take it off-road next weekend so I will see how it does there. Also, their customer service is amazing, between a few calls to determine the best kit to fit my needs/budget and helping with spring swapping after. And even to tell me I forgot to read all the install instructions when I skipped a few steps. Lol
@installer88 Would love to see pics of your rig with the Accutune setup, how did it ride offroad?

installer88

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler unlimited, ordered 2021 rubicon 4xe
@installer88 Would love to see pics of your rig with the Accutune setup, how did it ride offroad?
I plan on taking it to the off-road park this Sunday to play as long as the updated rear springs come in. I need/want another inch at ride height in the front and a little more than that in the rear. But here it is on 37” bfg k02 (measured 35.5”)

7CA43C6C-84D2-40E7-AF50-5C61FAD182F3.jpeg

E1710A33-978C-45F1-B59E-E966AEFA1A80.jpeg

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I plan on taking it to the off-road park this Sunday to play as long as the updated rear springs come in. I need/want another inch at ride height in the front and a little more than that in the rear. But here it is on 37” bfg k02 (measured 35.5”)

Jeep Wrangler JL King Coilovers vs Bypass Shocks E1710A33-978C-45F1-B59E-E966AEFA1A80

Jeep Wrangler JL King Coilovers vs Bypass Shocks E1710A33-978C-45F1-B59E-E966AEFA1A80

Cool, thanks! Looks great, let us know how it goes offroad and of course some flex pics! Which fender liners are those? Did you have to modify them?

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'll throw my hat in the ring as i've been running EVO coilovers -long arms with Kings for over 2 years now with plenty of Colorado and Moab wheeling (Hells revenge/ Poison Spyder/ etc. and yes, hitting all the A lines). I love my setup. Great articulation, well built, and holding up extremely well -again over 2 years on them w/ moderate-hard wheeling. Only hiccup I had was a UCA zerk snapped off due to me not notching/relieving the UCA mount enough. Called EVO and the sent me a pack of 6 zerk fittings within 2 days. I pulled the arm, notched the bracket another 1/2" and resprayed/ installed new zerk and back to 100%. I'd call that good customer support. I've also called them once or twice before for info and gotten an answer over the phone. Yes, I'm just one guy, and just speaking from my personal experience, but I dig their coilvers and long arms. Pricey for sure though!

Sponsored

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’m running a similar setup, my long arm brackets came notched already, I think they fixed some of the early design issues, zerk fittings clear with no issue. I’ve had the kit for about 6 mo. now and it’s been great! I think going to a good shop that has experience with this kit is important, I went to All Terrain Garage in Rialto CA and they did an amazing job, they are very familiar with this kit as they install it all the time. I have not had a single problem with it. I was thinking I would need to get the shocks tuned at some point but haven’t seen a need for it, they work well in the desert and kill it in the rocks, very flexy kit.

Jeep Wrangler JL King Coilovers vs Bypass Shocks IMG_2110
Jeep Wrangler JL King Coilovers vs Bypass Shocks IMG_2694

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I have a MetalCloak 2.5" lift and Accu Tune 2.5 DSC shocks and 37s on my 392. My previous Jeep was a JLUR that I put Eibach coils and King shocks on, with Steersmart steering. I used to think that Jeep was the best handling, best suspended Jeep I had ever owned. When I first drove this Jeep with the Accu Tune Fox shocks I didn't think they were as good as the Kings had been. It felt too stiff, but too busy at the same time. But I think these shocks take time to break in, like a few thousand miles and a couple of trips to Moab amount of time. You also have to be fairly accurate when you tell Accu Tune about your Jeep weight and intended use. I told them I would have the MetalCloak lift, 37s, a 37 spare, steel bumpers, steel skid plates, and a heavier Cav Fab spare tire carrier. I had bent my Mopar reinforced spare tire carrier in Moab, and had the spare tire off of my Jeep when I first installed the Accu Tune shocks. I also had not installed the skid plates yet.

Well, I installed the skid plates, put the spare tire back on, and did a little adjustment with the clickers on the shocks (increased low speed compression damping). Presto chango, the Accu Tune Fox shocks suddenly felt a whole lot better. Absolutely perfect, in fact. Now, this JL is the best handling and best riding Jeep I've ever owned.

I also own a Ram TRX, and my 392 takes some bumps better than the TRX does. There is a giant speed bump in a nearby subdivision. It is 8 feet across and a foot tall at the tallest point. There are a ton of scrapes on the top of it from cars dragging their belly on it. I saw a really big 400 pound lady in a giant boat of a car get airborne once on this speed bump because she didn't see it in time. That poor car. Anyway, my 392 can take that bump at a higher speed and more controled than the TRX does. That is saying something, for a Jeep to beat that truck at anything suspension related. Of course, I could hit a button on the dash of the TRX and switch it to Baja mode, which would change things entirely. But in street mode, and on that one bump, it isn't as good as the Jeep.

Last edited:

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I have a MetalCloak 2.5" lift and Accu Tune 2.5 DSC shocks and 37s on my 392. My previous Jeep was a JLUR that I put Eibach coils and King shocks on, with Steersmart steering. I used to think that Jeep was the best handling, best suspended Jeep I had ever owned. When I first drove this Jeep with the Accu Tune Fox shocks I didn't think they were as good as the Kings had been. It felt too stiff, but too busy at the same time. But I think these shocks take time to break in, like a few thousand miles and a couple of trips to Moab amount of time. You also have to be fairly accurate when you tell Accu Tune about your Jeep weight and intended use. I told them I would have the MetalCloak lift, 37s, a 37 spare, steel bumpers, steel skid plates, and a heavier Cav Fab spare tire carrier. I had bent my Mopar reinforced spare tire carrier in Moab, and had the spare tire off of my Jeep when I first installed the Accu Tune shocks. I also had not installed the skid plates yet.

Well, I installed the skid plates, put the spare tire back on, and did a little adjustment with the clickers on the shocks (increased low speed compression damping). Presto chango, the Accu Tune Fox shocks suddenly felt a whole lot better. Absolutely perfect, in fact. Now, this JL is the best handling and best riding Jeep I've ever owned.
Just to clarify, once the Jeep had all the accessories we tuned for, it rode much better?

Stoked to hear its riding nicely! Love to hear this kind of feedback

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Exactly, as soon as I had the Jeep set up the way you tuned it for, it is perfect. It really surprised me how much the suspension performance depended on both the Jeep and the shock tuning being a match.

I've read several times from people that aren't all that impressed with their Fox DSC shocks, including a friend of mine that switched from Fox DSC to Falcon. They had off the shelf Fox DSC shocks that weren't tuned as well as they can be.

Last edited:

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’m running a similar setup, my long arm brackets came notched already, I think they fixed some of the early design issues, zerk fittings clear with no issue. I’ve had the kit for about 6 mo. now and it’s been great! I think going to a good shop that has experience with this kit is important, I went to All Terrain Garage in Rialto CA and they did an amazing job, they are very familiar with this kit as they install it all the time. I have not had a single problem with it. I was thinking I would need to get the shocks tuned at some point but haven’t seen a need for it, they work well in the desert and kill it in the rocks, very flexy kit.

Nice flex shot. My buddies love driving behind my rig over rocky/rutty crawls bc it looks super cool flexing out while the chassis stays damn near level :)
Sponsored