First Name
Alonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18, JLRU
Hi all,

First forum post.

I have a couple of couple of newbie questions and I would really appreciate some insight from more experienced folks in this forum (sorry in advance for the annoying obsessive compulsive format, can't help myself... :facepalm: )

The object:

JLRU, 0-1 in spacer lift, 35in tires, bump stops for tire clearance as needed, otherwise stock setup.

The questions:

1.- If I were to replace the shocks (both front and rear) on the aforementioned JLRU, using the stock shock mounts, with 2.5 or 3.0in external bypass shocks with reservoir from Fox or King, what kind of challenges could I expect during the install?

2.- What would be the recommended shaft travel?

3.- Other than tuning and valving, what other upgrades or modifications would be necessary/recommended in order to run these shocks.

4.- Is anyone running bypass shocks on a similar set-up? Could you share ride experience, pictures and details?

Thank you all in advance for your comments!!
Sponsored

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Your challenge is going to be having them custom built for tube placement that you can reach/adjust once mounted and getting wheels with enough backspacing to clear at full lock without limiting your steering.