Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,

My son is not here on the forum so he asked me to ask this question so you guys can hopefully give some assistance in getting this resolved.

He lives out of state s he’s not close enough for me to help him and I don’t have a soft top anyway so here goes his issue and some pics

So here’s what’s going on. During extreme wind and while the top is closed and locked, the hook and loop closure which secures the roof overhang to the window inserts (see photos) isn’t strong enough to stay fastened. When this happens, the wind will blow the roof open momentarily to let in wind or rain. Is there a solution which anyone has found, such as installing brass snaps to the roof and window to aid the velcro, or is there an easier solution that’s sold aftermarket? Maybe I’ll just have to get over it also.

D2D52441-EBAA-46C1-B2F8-52E287371481.jpeg
0527351E-709A-4F9F-A848-E71D2A5F71B2.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Still looking for suggestions from you guys that have encountered this issue, maybe it’s a Jeep thing just looking for some answers I can pass on to my son

Thanks

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
During extreme wind and while the top is closed and locked, the hook and loop closure which secures the roof overhang to the window inserts (see photos) isn’t strong enough to stay fastened. When this happens, the wind will blow the roof open momentarily to let in wind or rain.
Just curious , where was this extreme wind ? Where the hurricanes came , perhaps ? Thanks for the background information .

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t experienced this issue.
I wished he lived closer so I could see first hand but it’s a 17 hr hard drive from south Texas to Indianapolis, if I can’t find any info here I’m going to suggest he visit the dreaded dealer service folks

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Didn't some very very high winds/tornadoes blow through your area(Katy TX) the other.day???

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Yikes. This looks like a window blowout just waiting to happen.

I have a 2dr, so maybe apples to oranges, but I’d take that in if only for the document trail. Should never do that, IMO.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't some very very high winds/tornadoes blow through your area(Katy TX) the other.day???
Yes I do live in Katy but he lives in Indpls and it’s his JLUR softop
Sponsored