Sponsored

JScan new feature teaser.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Dyolfknip74

:CWL:.......Not sure how they will accomplish that .... JSCAN has no LIVE FEATURES......

They spewed similar crapola about ESS disable.... which JSCAN cannot do..

OP
OP
Dyolfknip74

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@Dyolfknip74

:CWL:.......Not sure how they will accomplish that .... JSCAN has no LIVE FEATURES......
Hmmm...... unfortunately, you're incorrect this time. Trailview has live features. I can engage my lockers, front. Rear or both. Just did it the other day. Sway bar is there as well but option is turned off for now.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm...... unfortunately, you're incorrect this time. Trailview has live features. I can engage my lockers, front. Rear or both. Just did it the other day. Sway bar is there as well but option is turned off for now.
@Dyolfknip74

So you equate what you see with JSCAN has.... as the same same as Live Features of the Tazer JL Mini?

JSCAN may come up with something but will it work.... Example JSCAN says they can deal with ESS and it cannot. JSCAN says they can turn on passenger seat heat with remote start and it cannot.

Live Feature is Live Feature and that is why Tazer JL can do (if connected) the aforementioned Live Features and JSCAN cannot.

I'm not anti JSCAN and am quite familiar with it and the Tazer JL (Use both) but again, JSCAN isn't giving the user the "Live Feature" that an installed/in place Tazer JL affords..

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.... Doubt it will... but....

OP
OP
Dyolfknip74

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@Dyolfknip74

So you equate what you see with JSCAN has.... as the same same as Live Features of the Tazer JL Mini?

JSCAN may come up with something but will it work.... Example JSCAN says they can deal with ESS and it cannot. JSCAN says they can turn on passenger seat heat with remote start and it cannot.
Live Feature is Live Feature and that is why Tazer JL can do the aforementioned Live Features and JSCAN cannot.

I'm not anti JSCAN and am quite familiar with it and the Tazer JL but again, JSCAN isn't giving the user the "Live Feature" that an installed/in place Tazer JL affords..

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.... Doubt it will... but....

I'm not "equating" anything. It has live features. I can engage my lockers on command with it. That's the very definition of "live".

I didn't mention ESS, remote start or anything. The Trail View screen is "live"

Whether or not they can get this new feature working is moot as I only posted what the creator said in a FB group. If it happens, cool. If it doesn't, such is life and at least they tried. It certainly isn't a selling feature of JScan.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not "equating" anything. It has live features. I can engage my lockers on command with it. That's the very definition of "live".

I didn't mention ESS, remote start or anything. The Trail View screen is "live"

Whether or not they can get this new feature working is moot as I only posted what the creator said in a FB group. If it happens, cool. If it doesn't, such is life and at least they tried. It certainly isn't a selling feature of JScan.
@Dyolfknip74

"Live Features"

Not worth going back and forth with you on this. You are not a Tazer JL user so you do not get it.

You are new to the JL thing too.... 2021 JL you have..

In time you will have an enlarged data base in your head so to speak / be more knowledgeable in regard to both..

OP
OP
Dyolfknip74

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@Dyolfknip74

Not worth going back and forth with you on this. You are not a Tazer JL user so you do not get it.

You are new to the JL thing too.... 2021 JL you have..

In time you will have an enlarged data base in your head so to speak / be more knowledgeable in regard to both..
Sigh. So because I have a 21 and not an 18 it makes me less knowledgeable? No one could possibly know something you don't? It isn't like I am talking about a Threedom thread.

You specifically went out of your way to say JScan doesn't do live when it literally does. Please, tell me how I am wrong or that by not being a Tazer user "I don't get it".

I cant help that you're wrong, but turning it into a personal attack is just childish and makes you look petty.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sigh. So because I have a 21 and not an 18 it makes me less knowledgeable? No one could possibly know something you don't? It isn't like I am talking about a Threedom thread.

You specifically went out of your way to say JScan doesn't do live when it literally does. Please, tell me how I am wrong or that by not being a Tazer user "I don't get it".

I cant help that you're wrong, but turning it into a personal attack is just childish and makes you look petty.
@Dyolfknip74

Not a "personal" attack at all.... truly sorry you got that impression. I have no problem with you....
Yes, I do feel, I have a better knowledge base then you in regard to this.

I think this back and forth about "Live Feature" is not worth the effort. Again a Tazer JL and JSCAN are different animals, lets leave it at that.

As for your spewing "Threedom" .. Yes, I spew a bit about a product that I am a fanboy for.. that I was a tester for, etc..

I am also a so called, "fanboy" of ZAutomotive, Bestop, Diode Dynamics, Redline Tuning, OCD, SmartStopStart, Diode Dynamics, Ace Engineering, Rebel Off Road, Gibson Leather Works and other forum sponsor's that I have received free product from/done testing for.. Yes, I spew about them all often...

Most here know that I, regardless of my getting free product from them, do spew the good and the bad in regard to the offerings I use, am given/test.

OP
OP
Dyolfknip74

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@Dyolfknip74

Not a "personal" attack at all.... truly sorry you got that impression. I have no problem with you....
I think this back and forth about "Live Feature" is not worth the effort. Again a Tazer JL and JSCAN are different animals, lets leave it at that.

As for your spewing "Threedom" .. Yes, I spew a bit about a product that I am a fanboy for.. that I was a tester for, etc..

I am also a so called, "fanboy" of ZAutomotive, Bestop, Diode Dynamics, Redline Tuning, OCD, SmartStopStart, Diode Dynamics, Ace Engineering, Rebel Off Road, and other forum sponsor's that I have received free product from/done testing for.. I spew about them all often...

Most here know that I do spew the good and the bad in regard to the offerings I am given/test.
Most here know I am very Wrangler savvy... to include the Wrangler JL.

Would you be happier if I just used "Trail View" when talking about the JScan feature you can use on the fly? Is this all over semantics? Lol.

Ok, you're right, JScan doesn't have "live features" like Tazer. It has Trail View that works while connected to the app and vehicle is in motion.

There. That should stop any issues. Lol.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you be happier if I just used "Trail View" when talking about the JScan feature you can use on the fly? Is this all over semantics? Lol.

Ok, you're right, JScan doesn't have "live features" like Tazer. It has Trail View that works while connected to the app and vehicle is in motion.

Semantics plays a part... and again, you took me wrong I did not personally attack you..

I encourage you to get a hold of a Tazer JL and use it some day..... put it through the motions so to speak... The Tazer and JSCAN are two different animals..

As mentioned, I am not anti JSCAN. Actually, I communicate with Poland quite often. I have done testing...

Just the other day tried to hash out passenger heat on with remote start. Also worked with them in regard to ESS disable and some other stuff they show in JSCAN and that just does not work... but it is shown/offered in JSCAN. Poland means well, but sometimes they have delusions of grandeur so to speak.. Support from them is decent ...

Again, lets see what Poland comes up with. Time will tell.....

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OK, YES, ........ indeed if you have your bypass module in place, your OBDll Bluetooth Scanner Tool plugged in and your smart phone with JSCAN app in hand then yes, you have a bit / a taste of Live control lets call it. MOST guys just program with JSCAN and then immediately pull the associated /required hardware...

I do this but not many guys do. As a user of both JSCAN and Tazer JL , I would always do the Live thing with the Tazer JL. Most that run both programming tools would probably do the same.

As mentioned in my other post... hope you get to use/try/experience a Tazer JL. Do so and you would get more of the gist of what I am saying..

To bad we have cluttered your thread with this back and forth. We can both delete our back and forth posts if you want... Let me know.

OP
OP
Dyolfknip74

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
OK, YES, ........ indeed if you have your bypass module in place, your OBDll Bluetooth Scanner Tool plugged in and your smart phone with JSCAN app in hand then yes, you have a bit / a taste of Live control lets call it. MOST guys just program with JSCAN and then immediately pull the associated /required hardware...

I do this but not many guys do. As a user of both JSCAN and Tazer JL , I would always do the Live thing with the Tazer JL. Most that run both programming tools would probably do the same.

As mentioned in my other post... hope you get to use/try/experience a Tazer JL. Do so and you would get more of the gist of what I am saying..

To bad we have cluttered your thread with this back and forth. We can both delete our back and forth posts if you want... Let me know.
I'm not worried about clutter. Bytes are free. Lol.
Unless I can get a used one locally, I won't be getting one. Except for the rear camera on turns, there really isn't much more on it that I would use or that JScan doesn't already do. They're just too expensive to get to my door from the good ol' US of A.
Sponsored