Sponsored

JLUR Manual Transmission Problems

GoHack

First Name
Gordon (N7QEI)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLU Sport, DoM 7/18 (Wed)
Occupation
Mech Engr
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

MVFAN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara North Edition, 2019 GC High Altitude
Occupation
Retired
While 1st gear is pretty quick to get through and finding the right rhythm to shift through the gears took a few weekends to master, no complaints from me. Absolutely would not own a Wrangler without a stick, and this new MT is smooth, fun and capable.

signals34

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
While 1st gear is pretty quick to get through and finding the right rhythm to shift through the gears took a few weekends to master, no complaints from me. Absolutely would not own a Wrangler without a stick, and this new MT is smooth, fun and capable.
i think thats it...just getting used to the pedal and stick....i always owned manual cars and trucks ...they all have a different feel and the all have to be shifted differently...at first i had the bucking, stalling but within a couple of weeks i got the correct feel and, i had the shifting down and this manual is awesome....love it !!!

OP
OP

Cameljoe121

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
@Cameljoe121 Were you able to find any resolution to these shifting issues?
Not yet but I believe it has to do with the slave cylinder Jeep is supposed to replace the clutch throw out bearing and pressure plate. I would like to get the salve cylinder replaced as well I am waiting on a yes or no. But when the clutch engages right and it’s nice and smooth the transmission shifts like butter. In my mind they are 100% linked but I should know once they replace the components.

Sponsored

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
My JLUS had rough shifting for about 1,000 miles. I’ve got over 15k miles now and no problems. The bucking still happens, especially in stop and go traffic at a slight grade (up or down) even when I don’t apply gas. When I do, it still bucks until about 10 mph, but in traffic, 10 mph doesn’t happen until things start to move, and by then I’m shifting to 2nd, so it’s kinda annoying...

biggprikk

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
About 3 weeks ago I got a JLUR with the 6 speed manual transmission and I am having a lot of issues driving it. I have had a YJ and a TJ that was manual and an auto JKUR. First dislike is that you can’t get more the 10 feet before you have to shift. But the real issue is that shifting from first to second always feels really difficult almost like something is catching. I’ll admit it been 20 years since I have had a manual Jeep and no suck at driving it but I don’t remover having any of these issues with past Jeeps. Any ideas

*Update* 4/20 I had my appointment at the dealer yesterday told them the issue the said they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. They put 23 miles on it. Still have the same issue. Like some have mentioned shifting lower does help but you get 5 feet then go have to shift to 2nd. Been having weird no sides with the clutch when starting twice when letting the clutch out after engine start made horrible noise like something blew. Also a high pitched almost high voltage transform buzz sound from engine a couple times stopped when I pressed the clutch in. Also feels like clutch is getting easiest to depress almost 40% from when I got it. My understanding hydraulic clutch’s should not break in.
Never get work done on 420! Did the tech share his weed?

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Not yet but I believe it has to do with the slave cylinder Jeep is supposed to replace the clutch throw out bearing and pressure plate. I would like to get the salve cylinder replaced as well I am waiting on a yes or no. But when the clutch engages right and it’s nice and smooth the transmission shifts like butter. In my mind they are 100% linked but I should know once they replace the components.
Thanks this is super helpful. I’m having similar issues and have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow. Have your issues been intermittent as well?
Sponsored