Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
BMW Business Development Consultant/Landscape Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know when you are going to be able to order the Wrangler 4Xe????

I am asking for my brother. He wants to get it ASAP. We have been told dealers are expecting to get for 1st quarter 2021, but he wants for factory build. When are dealers going to be able to order it?
Sponsored

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
Does anyone know when you are going to be able to order the Wrangler 4Xe????

I am asking for my brother. He wants to get it ASAP. We have been told dealers are expecting to get for 1st quarter 2021, but he wants for factory build. When are dealers going to be able to order it?
I received an email from my local dealership (that I have been bugging for months) that ordering should open up in December.

OP
OP
Cueball23

Cueball23

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
BMW Business Development Consultant/Landscape Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I have been notified by a dealer that Sahara’s and Rubicon’s can be ordered as of today.
Sport’s in December

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
How can we order if we don’t know pricing or details...
Jeep's new pricing model. Offer it up then decide how much they think they're worth after preorders flood in.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Though I think they saw how well it worked for Ford with the Bronco and decided to give it a try too.

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been notified by a dealer that Sahara’s and Rubicon’s can be ordered as of today.
Sport’s in December
I ordered mine on Friday. No clue on price but I have one ordered in my name, anyway.

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How can we order if we don’t know pricing or details...
From digging in to the specs, I'm guessing that Jeep is doing everything they can to keep the added cost under the $7500 federal tax credit for the 4XE. They COULD have done some things that would have run up the price a lot but it sure seems like they had a price difference on the white board as one of the priorities. They could have done a larger battery, DC to DC converter and even a larger electric motor. But from everything I'm seeing, it really looks like keeping the price point in check was a priority.

Plus, Jeep/FCA has been paying out millions CAFE fines. The 4XE platform will help greatly with that. Being able to count that 50 MPGe in to the math helps greatly. I don't think Jeep could even consider the 392 without the 4XE. The 392 would take the CAFE averages in the wrong direction.If I'm right, that means they HAVE to sell the 4XE. Yes, it makes it a compliance vehicle but it sure will be a fun compliance vehicle.

Smokelaw1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None....
Sport’s in December
And thanks to you...I’ve ordered the one that they had allocated! All refundable if pricing comes back crazy. Not all dealerships will be so kind.
Rubicon 4Xe, granite, with just about every option that seems to be available. Hopefully I don’t have to tell them to piss off when I hear what they’re charging for it!
Sponsored