Sponsored

JLU XL

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I like that Arctic Edition’s windowed rear roof, but the loss of the front freedom panels it too high a price to pay for it IMO.
Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
^if the front angled section had one large Removable sunroof panel, instead of two freedom panels wouldn't that be preferable ?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
^if the front angled section had one large Removable sunroof panel, instead of two freedom panels wouldn't that be preferable ?
Where would you put it? You could only carry it around if you had the rear seats folded. Otherwise, you'd have to leave it at home. Freedom panels' smaller size lets you stow them easier.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Where would you put it? You could only carry it around if you had the rear seats folded. Otherwise, you'd have to leave it at home. Freedom panels' smaller size lets you stow them easier.

Ben67

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty CRD
Occupation
Retired
This is a nice one. If Jeep offers the XL, you could make it even better than this one.

ovexpo21.jpg

Sponsored

Uscolt45

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Renegade
That is a pretty sweet tent setup, but I doubt I’d be willing to fork over that kind of money lol.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Where would you put it? You could only carry it around if you had the rear seats folded.
Exactly.

You have all 3 rear windows, and two sunroof panels on a JLU (3 panels on JLUXL) used as a box spring, & stored under a memory foam mattress in the back with seats folded down. Mattress takes up entire cargo/back seat space, but has clear panels/open air above them, for scenic stargazing.

I imagine a JLUXL will be able to fit an 82" x 44-48" memory foam mattress

Last edited:

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
This is a nice one. If Jeep offers the XL, you could make it even better than this one.

ovexpo21.jpg
I imagine two tops:

1. Simply a hyperlight low profile super breathable version of this aftermarket top pictured above. 360' full view insect-block mesh front/sides/back.

2. Origamic flower top, opening a series of tents in every direction, which the side tents also feature fold down ladder stands.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
nfvza1xjwvplurqhhfop.jpg

Imagine a 4DR Wrangler JLUXL with lengthened cargo area, that has removable third row seating for children or small adults, with a SAFARI ROOF as pictured, to raise headroom for all passengers but especially raising headroom for the third row third row.

But unlike picture, not only sunroof panels for 2nd & 3rd row seating, but also sunroof panel on angled front panel above driver seat and shotgun.

35" tires to make it ride higher, and heavy duty running boards which could support a 300b man standing on them.

15+ spkr Harmon Kardon sound system, and Yacht-like interior, JLUXL will be the pro athlete wrangler of choice.

Last edited:

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

I too would throw a deposit down today if Jeep was going to sell the "Africa" concept. I don't need a third row seat, but I want more interior cargo room behind the rear seats and the only way to do that is to lengthen the body aft of the rear axle. Plus, for some reason the bobbed rear end of the current JK and the upcoming JL has just never looked correct to my OCD eyes.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I too would throw a deposit down today if Jeep was going to sell the "Africa" concept. I don't need a third row seat, but I want more interior cargo room behind the rear seats and the only way to do that is to lengthen the body aft of the rear axle. Plus, for some reason the bobbed rear end of the current JK and the upcoming JL has just never looked correct to my OCD eyes.

JT + Topper = Jeep with lots of interior cargo room

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS

ovexpo21.jpg
What is this called? I think this tent is the BEST tent for the Wrangler because it literally fits in it's own footprint.

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Its called a jk habitat. Ursa minor vehicles and AT trailers used to make them but stopped. Ursa minor makes a hard top version called the J30. AT trailers makes a tent that fits similarly but not exactly.
Sponsored