Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find it anywhere yet.

jl-wrangler-soft-top.jpg
Sponsored

Uptonogood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
Nice post. Looks like it could maybe also be camouflage covering some kind of roof structure underneath?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they still won't show it's back side.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Nice post. Looks like it could maybe also be camouflage covering some kind of roof structure underneath?
You can tell right above the driver's door that it doesn't have a hard seam there like on the hardtop, and the rear looks like vinyl so I'm going with soft top on this one.

OHldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Bronco, 2013 Ford Flex, Former JK owner
Doesn't this pretty much tell us that the JLU will have a completely removable back portion? it should NOT have a solid frame in the back in other words (like this render). I think we may have dodged a bullet here.

JL-Wrangler-Black-Roof-JLwranglerforums-3 .jpg

Sponsored

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Doesn't this pretty much tell us that the JLU will have a completely removable back portion? it should NOT have a solid frame in the back in other words (like this render). I think we may have dodged a bullet here.

JL-Wrangler-Black-Roof-JLwranglerforums-3 .jpg

Can you tell that just from this image? Could there still be a solid frame underneath?

OHldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Bronco, 2013 Ford Flex, Former JK owner
Can you tell that just from this image? Could there still be a solid frame underneath?
To my eyes the rear side window looks like it has fabric/vinyl surrounding it that goes from the roof down to about the height of the door handles. That looks like the current soft top configuration.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU soft top spied! {filename}

If it looked like the render I'm not sure how that window would fit. It's not very clear but it does not look like a panel that you can snap in and out. it could have a solid frame but whereas the current one uses zippers I am unsure how the soft vinyl would attach to the frame.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I think this JL has a frame like the "rendering". The vinyl rear cover hides the back section that would show this. If nothing to hide, it wouldn't be so thoroughly disguised. Modular panels for either Soft top, or hard top, with this type of cage. Since we've seen how the JL windshield glass will fold down, leaving a rigid framework, this type of cage structure would meet rigorous crush standards. The windshield frame will be part of the cage, yet the glass folds down, for open air AND safety. Big Improvement.
That's my opinion.

craftbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2021 Yukon Denali
Not related to the top, but anyone else notice the built-in grab handle on the passenger side you can see through the windshield? Looks just like the ones in the Ram truck. It's a little change, but nice to not have to buy aftermarket ones anymore. My next questions will be how will that work with a dropping windshield?

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Not related to the top, but anyone else notice the built-in grab handle on the passenger side you can see through the windshield? Looks just like the ones in the Ram truck. It's a little change, but nice to not have to buy aftermarket ones anymore. My next questions will be how will that work with a dropping windshield?
Yea nice to see grab handles incorporated now. They're on both the passenger and driver side. Have you seen these pics? http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...gler-rubicon-and-sahara-jlu-roof-exposed.698/

From the pics it looks like that the grab handles might be attached to door frame and so it wouldn't be lowered along with the windshield?

Sponsored

MrDinkMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
I think this JL has a frame like the "rendering". The vinyl rear cover hides the back section that would show this. If nothing to hide, it wouldn't be so thoroughly disguised. Modular panels for either Soft top, or hard top, with this type of cage. Since we've seen how the JL windshield glass will fold down, leaving a rigid framework, this type of cage structure would meet rigorous crush standards. The windshield frame will be part of the cage, yet the glass folds down, for open air AND safety. Big Improvement.
That's my opinion.
Yea I think the reason for the heavy camo remaining on the rear is that what's underneath shows how the new roof structure works. There's other trusty members here that have said there'll be a cage structure after windshield and roof panels are removed so it might be exactly what you're describing. I just hope that the carge structure will be lighter than the rendering which has a pretty heavy looking framework.

Something more like this would be nice. Still very open air but could satisfy rollover protection standards.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
To my eyes the rear side window looks like it has fabric/vinyl surrounding it that goes from the roof down to about the height of the door handles. That looks like the current soft top configuration.

If it looked like the render I'm not sure how that window would fit. It's not very clear but it does not look like a panel that you can snap in and out. it could have a solid frame but whereas the current one uses zippers I am unsure how the soft vinyl would attach to the frame.
I sure hope they make a soft top available in hella colors, which also features 2 (JL) or 3 (JLU) clear sunroof panels.

OP
OP
JeepinOutfitters

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I sure hope they make a soft top available in hella colors, which also features 2 (JL) or 3 (JLU) clear sunroof panels.
Not gonna happen.

OP
OP
JeepinOutfitters

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dont be ridiculous. if Jeep® doesn't offer it from the factory, the aftermarket will.
LOL. I'm not being ridiculous. It hasn't happened in 75+ years of Jeeps with soft tops, and I don't see it happening now. Not from Jeep, not from the aftermarket.
Sponsored