Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Soft and hard top versions of the 2-door 2018 JL Wrangler have (finally) been spotted again, revealing more than previous sightings which have all been fully wrapped in heavy camouflage. This also gives us our first look at the soft top 2-door JL.

These new prototype units better show the shape of the windows, fenders and overall dimensions of the vehicle.

Expect both the two and four door JL/JLU models to arrive at the same time. Our 2018 Wrangler ordering/production schedule have it slated for a September 2017 press launch with production scheduled to begin soon after in November.

JL-Wrangler-2-door-1.jpg

JL-Wrangler-2-door-2.jpg

JL-Wrangler-2-door-3.jpg

JL-Wrangler-2-door-4.jpg

JL-Wrangler-2-door-5.jpg

JL-Wrangler-2-door-6.jpg

JL-Wrangler-2-door-7.jpg

JL-Wrangler-2-door-8.jpg

JL-Wrangler-2-door-9.jpg

JL-Wrangler-2-door-10.jpg
Sponsored

GBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 147
I reckon that the front grab handles do not fold down with the windshield. looks like they are part of the "roll cage". It also look that is fully covered in plastic in the inside.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
We are almost in July and it's still this covered up. When are they going to loose more camo? Sept isn't too far away.

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Good to see more of the JL. It looks like there's actually 4 or more prototypes there. 2 have the top covered and 2 don't

Sponsored

jkrod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
YAY!!! looking forward to soft top again!! I had 2008 JK 2 door manual soft top, went to 2014 4 door hard top auto...........cant wait to get back to the basics!!!

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
I reckon that the front grab handles do not fold down with the windshield. looks like they are part of the "roll cage". It also look that is fully covered in plastic in the inside.
Right that seems to be the consensus when looking at the JLU and should be the same for the 2dr. It makes sense to allow passengers to use the grab handles when off roading and windshield is down.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Those rear windows look really loooong to me. Lending credence to "canted-back-glass-gate".

upload_2017-6-22_14-25-32.png
HMMMM...

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
What about the fender well, does it look to be vented like shown in the renderings?
Yep, it does seem to be so, but still like reading tea leaves...

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Certainly looks like something is going on there. I'm still not 100% sure though. Is this the best view we have gotten with spyshots?

Sponsored

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Finallyy. I was seriously beginning to wonder why no two doors haven't been seen yet. Anyways, what up with the soft-top's roof being angled down where it meets the top of the windshield? It looks very similar to the roof on the 60's Land Rovers.

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Finallyy. I was seriously beginning to wonder why no two doors haven't been seen yet. Anyways, what up with the soft-top's roof being angled down where it meets the top of the windshield? It looks very similar to the roof on the 60's Land Rovers.
I'm thinking this is a power soft top because there is a thicker structure (in comparison to JK) underneath the top. If this is how the non-power soft top looks, then I'm not interested in it at all. The silhouette looks off

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I'm thinking this is a power soft top because there is a thicker structure (in comparison to JK) underneath the top. If this is how the non-power soft top looks, then I'm not interested in it at all. The silhouette looks off
I don't know. Some of those mules appear to be base models with steel wheels. I wouldn't think those would be outfitted with a power top unless it's now standard.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
So far I've seen 3 wheel styles. steel wheels, sahara wheels and rubi wheels. Have we seen any other JL wheels?