millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Been digging through the forum this morning. Are there any other rear security products out other than the tuffy security deck made for the JLU?

I see some are using JK vaults in the back but I was looking for options more like the tuffy.
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Check out the Jeep Backbone. https://www.jeepbackbone.com/product-page/jl-backbone-hs

Pricey, but if you call them, they've been known to work with forum members. One of my favorite upgrades...

Backbone1.jpg

Backbone2.jpg
Agree, love my backbone, my favorite upgrade so far. Took the jeep camping a couple weeks back and the backbone was a perfect shelf for other items. Looking forward to tailgating at football games this fall and the backbone will be great for food platters etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for the same thing. You can call tuffy and order theirs over the phone now. Shipping mid September. What is killing me is the price on all of them, tuffy is the cheapest so far at $425.

JL_Hoff

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep SRT, 2011 Jeep JKUR (sold), 2004 Aprilia RST1000
Check out the Jeep Backbone. https://www.jeepbackbone.com/product-page/jl-backbone-hs

Pricey, but if you call them, they've been known to work with forum members. One of my favorite upgrades...

Backbone1.jpg

Backbone2.jpg
I am very interested in the backbone. Do you know if it would work with the rear seat recline kit? The recline kit moves the seat back about 2.5 inches rearward. Do you guys that have them think there is enough space between your rear seat and the backbone to accommodate that?

Thanks!
Ed

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am very interested in the backbone. Do you know if it would work with the rear seat recline kit? The recline kit moves the seat back about 2.5 inches rearward. Do you guys that have them think there is enough space between your rear seat and the backbone to accommodate that?

Thanks!
Ed
I don't believe it will work with the recline kit. My seats are flush with the rear deck.

JL_Hoff

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep SRT, 2011 Jeep JKUR (sold), 2004 Aprilia RST1000
Do any of these options work with a hardtop? Could I take on/off the hardtop and still have the security box?
Yes, there is a version of the Backbone that works with the hardtop. You take on/off the hardtop with the security box in place.

Inside tip: I called JeepBackbone yesterday and spoke with one of their salesmen. He strongly advised that I should wait a day to purchase cuz it would "save me a bunch of money". Can you say Labor Day Sale? :)

Ed

Sponsored

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
For those with a backbone, is there anything to prevent someone from tilting the rear seats forward and accessing the space under the cover from that angle?

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
For those with a backbone, is there anything to prevent someone from tilting the rear seats forward and accessing the space under the cover from that angle?
If you go to their site and look at the JL hard top pics, it shows a “wall” behind the back seats.

Reactions: SM1

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Yes, there is a version of the Backbone that works with the hardtop. You take on/off the hardtop with the security box in place.

Inside tip: I called JeepBackbone yesterday and spoke with one of their salesmen. He strongly advised that I should wait a day to purchase cuz it would "save me a bunch of money". Can you say Labor Day Sale? :)

Ed
Is the sale for $399? Says it's all of September. Unless I just missed the LDW sale (DOH!)

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As @Mid-life Wrangler mentioned, there's a panel behind the seats. That panel is independently installed (1 of 3), meaning you "could" take that panel off, fold the seats down and have more space to pack larger items. The panel I'm describing bolts on from the inside of the cargo area with two nuts tied into the rear seat bracket on the floor, and about 5 or 6 thumb screws at the top of the panel. It can't be removed unless you're inside the protected space.