JLU Premium Black Soft Top Back Window Sag

S-Will

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Took mine to the dealership hoping they would get new ones ordered under warranty but they weren’t much help. Sent an email to Jeep cares to try to get them replaced. They look awful.

1E249399-E0B9-4A1C-9C6A-B38DAF6D4327.jpeg

566C9D1E-7FBC-456B-BD74-24F6E1C29188.jpeg
I got my rear window replaced under warranty by the dealer. The replacement window is actually worse than the original. I complained and a ticket was opened to Jeep by the dealer for the the entire soft top to be replaced under warranty.

Apply pressure to the dealer. Don't stop at the service writer. Go to the Service manager and if that doesn't work, the General Manager. Someone will listen if you are tactful, polite and knowledgable.
Sponsored

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Since the dealership was worthless in dealing with the sagging Jeep soft top windows, I contacted Jeep Wave to get it resolved. It took me two weeks of emailing pictures and a couple phone calls but they are replacing all 3 windows. They said that the window part numbers changed from when the top was built. My guess is that they made the windows slightly smaller so they stay tight in the opening and don’t sag. Not sure how soon the windows will arrive, but soft top season is quickly ending in Pennsylvania, so hopefully they arrive soon so I can try them out.

Dewker

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLU Rubi
Since the dealership was worthless in dealing with the sagging Jeep soft top windows, I contacted Jeep Wave to get it resolved. It took me two weeks of emailing pictures and a couple phone calls but they are replacing all 3 windows. They said that the window part numbers changed from when the top was built. My guess is that they made the windows slightly smaller so they stay tight in the opening and don’t sag. Not sure how soon the windows will arrive, but soft top season is quickly ending in Pennsylvania, so hopefully they arrive soon so I can try them out.
Was wondering if you had gotten the new windows yet and can confirm if they were smaller. Also you mentioned a new part number for the windows, if you had that number it would be great. I'm starting my fight to get the windows replaced. Even if they don't replace them I'm going to need to buy new ones next soft top season cause I can't stand the look of the sag that the Jeep has now. Thanks!

Last edited:

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Was wondering if you had gotten the new windows yet and can confirm if they were smaller. Also you mentioned a new part number for the windows, if you had that number it would be great. I'm starting my fight to get the windows replaced. Even if they don't replace them I'm going to need to buy new ones next soft top season cause I can't stand the look of the sag that the Jeep has now. Thanks!
I did receive the replacement windows and had them on the Jeep for two weeks before switching to the hard top. They are an improvement but I am already starting so see some sagging in the side windows, just much less. Didn’t notice any sag in the back window yet and it doesn’t unhook from the Jeep like from driving like the old one did. I am starting to think that there is a design flaw with the soft top frame not fully supporting the side windows and keeping them stretched tight along the entire length of the window. The windows hook to the fabric of the soft top which isn’t supported and I think the sagging soft top leads to sagging windows. Look at how the top corner of the soft top dips right above the rear window.

Here are the part numbers. Windows are made by Bestop (in México) so there’s two part numbers on the box.

Mopar part numbers
5VP84FX9AG
5VP90FX9AJ
5VP91FX9AJ

Bestop part numbers
66116G27
66204J27
66205J27

A24A2CEC-FB70-417F-BA5E-EAE1053BDB43.jpeg

AA2701E5-1636-4D24-BD24-9F0CCD846BFD.jpeg

Dewker

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLU Rubi
Quality post bro. Thanks for the info plus the pics of the new windows. While not perfect, the new ones do look better than the sagging bulge at the top of the windows that I have going on now.
Sponsored