Sponsored

JLU interior security options?

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
I just installed the Tuffy security drawer part 058 - it's meant for earlier models, but drill a couple of holes and it can bolt down with the tie down bolt holes. I opted to put it on hinges so I could still get to the cubby area underneath, and will latch underneath to make it secure. the drawer can't open when the tailgate is locked/closed, and the bolts are hidden underneath behind the rear seats and can't be accessed, so it's pretty secure. I will say that Tuffy makes robust products, and the exterior and drawer of this are solid. However, the details that go into this (and their console insert) are not the greatest. The drawer mechanism of this is miserable, and takes me 15 minutes to get the drawer back in if I take it out (which you need to do for install regardless). The slider mechanism has bent several times and several ball bearings have been popped out. For the amount this costs, I expected something a little more tuned to not have to worry about little details. With their security console insert, the holes of the parts that need to be put together never matched up, and had to open up some holes with a drill to make it work. But once it was in, it's pretty solid.

IMG_8726.jpg

IMG_8727.jpg

IMG_8728.jpg
Sponsored

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I bought the Tuffy center console box for the JL. Not gonna lie, it's NOT very impressive as far as how it's made, and you give up a lot of space with it. I had a Tuffy center console in my old Tacoma and it was bomber. This one not so much.

It also renders the interior light useless in the center console.

It will do for now until something better comes along...