Sponsored

Would you add vinyl flooring and/or vinyl seats to your Wrangler build, irrespective of trim level?

• Vinyl flooring

• Vinyl seats

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Now evident on the Jeep configurator site are two new options:

Black vinyl floor covering for $995.00; and
Heavy duty vinyl seats for $1,695.00.

It's nice that Stellantis has decided to finally make available what was for many years the standard fitments for vehicles with what we might refer to as utility-grade interiors. They're charging us for the privilege, natch.

So: Would you add either or both new options to your Wrangler build? I'd want both.

Edit: A spot check revealed said options appear to be limited to the JLUs at this time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I think I would still have gone carpet/cloth. The carpet may trap dust and debris, but to be fair I feel it also hides it fairly well too. With vinyl flooring I'd be worried my eyes would pick out the first specs starting and drive me crazy. The seats don't really do much for me either - seems like leather would come in at about the same price point, with similar waterproof qualities (assuming no perforations). I may be missing it, but it doesn't even seem like those options are available for a two door Sport.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Heimkehr

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Iā€™d pull the trigger on the flooring for sure. The seats are a maybe for me as I am pretty sure the current leather is mostly (if not all) vinyl anyways.

One of the best things about the bronco is the vinyl seats and washout floors. Itā€™s not for everyone, but would suit the way I use my Jeeps well.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
As @Heimkehr already notedšŸ˜‰ā€¦I also remember when vinyl seats and floors used to be the base option on every vehicle and that you didnā€™t have to pay extra for it.

Not to mention the fun you had as a kid climbing into a hot car in the summer time and attempting not to have the skin burned of the back of your legsšŸ˜«.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heimkehr

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Anyone else remember when vinyl seats and floors used to be the base option on every vehicle that you didnā€™t have to pay extra for.
Mentioned in post #1. ;)

Sponsored

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
dang, I remember when vinyl was the cheap default, and carpet cost big bucks. Now it's the other way around?

And Armorlite is still cheaper, and likely better!

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
For the same reasons I didn't want leather, vinyl gets very hot in the direct summer sun and very cold in the winter. Cloth is much more neutral. I used to own a police package Caprice and while easy to clean, that vinyl rear seat would burn you in the summer. I also like the rubber flooring that comes stock in the Willys, so while I would not trade out, I can see the usefulness of the vinyl flooring as an option.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
The vinyl floor of my last and current Rams are super easy to clean - windex - paper towel - brand new again
Vinyl seats pretty much the same in both
As far as for a Jeep I don't see the advantage of the seats as they will all get just as soggy and take time to dry out but might help with the sun fading or replace that with premature vinyl deterioration cracking šŸ˜¢
Like a few of you have mentioned these are not premium items but things that should be discounted off of msrp and not added on as high buck options as they are clearly the lowest tiers of the seats and floors and cheapest to build
Oh Well, I know why my Rams had this junk - because I'm cheap, paying extra for it would have been foolish then and now for sure.
"For only a $20 extra charge sir we can upgrade your sirloin steak to a half eaten hot dog"

OP
OP
Heimkehr

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I also like the rubber flooring that comes stock in the Willys
?
The $995 black vinyl floor covering option is available for the Willys Sport and the Willys (JLUs). The configurator images display standard carpeting for both trims.
Sponsored