JL Vibrations

Bmiller

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I’m curious if anyone else has run into this....

My 2018 JL sport just got a 2.5 inch lift, 35s and upgraded Falcon shocks.

This comes and goes - there is vibration and moderate rattling when decelerating. Other symptoms are:

Felt in driver floor board.

It stops as soon as the gas pedal is pressed, regardless of speed. Starts again once I let off the gas pedal.

It stops if I am decelerating but turn to the right or left.

The vibration is not always present but seems to happen most frequently around 45 mph, like exiting the freeway.

I’ve taken it to a dealer and the lift shop without any luck. Both said everything is tightened up.

Thank you in advance for the help!
Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Steering stabilizer, tire not balanced, or cheap parts for the lift, make sure all wheel lug nuts are tightened. That’s all I’ve got.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Don't forget alignment.

Canuck714

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2014 Roush Raptor, 2020 JLU Willy's
Vehicle Showcase
Off throttle vibration would make me suspect a U-Joint (pinion angle change) Did your lift include adjustable lower links or any castor correction plate?
If you think it might be tire related, try to pinpoint Front or Back then rotate and see if the vibration location follows the tire.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bmiller

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Appreciate everyone’s thoughts!

Think I’ll start with a balance and alignment.

I’m not sure about the lift details but will look into the u-joint possibility after that....

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I’m curious if anyone else has run into this....

My 2018 JL sport just got a 2.5 inch lift, 35s and upgraded Falcon shocks.

This comes and goes - there is vibration and moderate rattling when decelerating. Other symptoms are:

Felt in driver floor board.

It stops as soon as the gas pedal is pressed, regardless of speed. Starts again once I let off the gas pedal.

It stops if I am decelerating but turn to the right or left.

The vibration is not always present but seems to happen most frequently around 45 mph, like exiting the freeway.

I’ve taken it to a dealer and the lift shop without any luck. Both said everything is tightened up.

Thank you in advance for the help!
@Bmiller
If you are unable to remedy this on your own, our team is always available for support. This may require that you source a second opinion from another dealer on your concern. Reach out to us via private message if you have any further questions.

Kathryn
JeepCares

elieah

First Name
Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Hey!

i drive a 2018 JLU sport and have the exact same issue. Started after installing MOPAR 2" lift kit at the dealer. (running Mopar Beadlock capable rims w/ 35" tires)

Took it in for checking, spent a full day at the dealer, and they couldn't find a thing...

Any information would help!

Thanks

OP
OP

Bmiller

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Hey!

i drive a 2018 JLU sport and have the exact same issue. Started after installing MOPAR 2" lift kit at the dealer. (running Mopar Beadlock capable rims w/ 35" tires)

Took it in for checking, spent a full day at the dealer, and they couldn't find a thing...

Any information would help!

Thanks

Will do! Do your vibrations come and go? Mine are not always there and can’t for the life of me pinpoint the conditions that cause it. Hope to get in for alignment and balance this weekend.

elieah

First Name
Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Will do! Do your vibrations come and go? Mine are not always there and can’t for the life of me pinpoint the conditions that cause it. Hope to get in for alignment and balance this weekend.
Yep, they come and go... please keep me posted... i am thinking to rotate the front tires, to see if the sound shifts... (but i doubt it)

I've had alignment done before and after replacing the rims/tires... doubt it's an alignment issue... but let me know just in case !

Thanks

Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I swapped one of the front tires that I bead balanced instead of stick on weights....but didn't notice any difference. Gonna have discount try and balance them one more time to see if they get anything.

OP
OP

Bmiller

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Seem to have fixed it. $17 set of 71.5 to 78 hub-centric rings from Amazon. Vibrations gone and all around rides smoother.

Installed myself. Little miffed the shop didn’t include them in the $5k lift job or zero in on this being the issue. Hope this helps others!

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Seem to have fixed it. $17 set of 71.5 to 78 hub-centric rings from Amazon. Vibrations gone and all around rides smoother.

Installed myself. Little miffed the shop didn’t include them in the $5k lift job or zero in on this being the issue. Hope this helps others!
Do you have a link to which one's you ordered? Aluminum or plastic?