JL Trektop

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Has anyone on here gotten a 2 door too? Seen mostly JLU posts. Maybe missed a couple 2 door if at all. Does the 2 door have the flapping issue some of the JLUs have had?
I watching this thread for that same reason. I think it's too early for any reviews. Two days ago, Bestop's site said it would be shipping in March. Today, the product page says nothing about any delay but they still do not have any pictures of a 2-door
Sponsored

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
I watching this thread for that same reason. I think it's too early for any reviews. Two days ago, Bestop's site said it would be shipping in March. Today, the product page says nothing about any delay but they still do not have any pictures of a 2-door
Extreme terrain site has had them. Says will ship today whenever I check. I mean honestly though. Outside of the factory soft top we don’t have any other options yet. So either drop 2k on a top I’m not in love with or 800 on the trektop.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Towed my utility trailer yesterday. First time taking a trip with it since the Trektop installation. BIG change in aero. Felt like I had a parachute tied to the back this time. My trailer is a 6x12 with a fold down rear gate covered in steel mesh. Apparently the hard top pushed air up and over it. The Trektop feels like it pushes air down into the trailer.

Jeep ran in 5th gear most of the time and got abysmal fuel economy. I'd never seen that before with the hard top.

Interesting.........

Jacob.nc

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I travel a lot of highway miles and went with the twill for the noise. It’s a little louder than the hardtop, but not terrible. I’ve experienced flapping at the tailgate bar, but only in heavy rain, and then only at speeds above 70 when passing a tractor trailer. So It seems like the conditions have to be just right for that. I was worried that the wind would be harsh at highway speed with the sunrider open, but it’s definitely better than the hardtop with the freedom panels off.

0C70A4AA-4EEB-4D26-A674-BF776A43D836.jpeg

87AA374B-76DB-4C79-B757-9AA9807CCD40.jpeg

D52E4DF5-E871-4037-851C-D7E5B3DA873F.jpeg

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
my only hesitation with getting this top is that you can't take it completely off. can anyone estimate how big of a pain it is (i.e. how long it would take) to remove the top piece? obv not the hardware, but just the top

Sponsored

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I wanna know if I can roll up the 2 door one and tuck it under the sunrider like you could on the jk

rtcjr

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara (Mango Tango)
my only hesitation with getting this top is that you can't take it completely off. can anyone estimate how big of a pain it is (i.e. how long it would take) to remove the top piece? obv not the hardware, but just the top
+1 to this. I'm dying to know roughly how long to take off completely and how long to put back on? I had a factory JK soft top and it took some time to remove 3 windows, fully fold back, tuck the fabric away, etc. Took enough time to fully put back together at night that I just bought a light cover I could throw over top which kept light rain/dew out.

Thinking of going with this top and mostly keeping it naked from April-Sept but want to know how long it takes to put the main top/fabric on.

thanks!!

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I watched a YouTube video the other day. Was a JLU with the new NX Glide. The guy took the back 3 windows out, completely folded the top back, then it looked like he pulled two release knobs and the whole top came right off. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm considering this top too.

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
I watched a YouTube video the other day. Was a JLU with the new NX Glide. The guy took the back 3 windows out, completely folded the top back, then it looked like he pulled two release knobs and the whole top came right off. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm considering this top too.
Can you provide a link to this video please?

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Can you provide a link to this video please?
Upon closer review I found the video showing the top being totally easily removed was on a JK. The NX Glide for the JL does fold completely down, but I did not see them fully remove it. My bad.

Sponsored

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Is there a Glide top for the JL? That’s news to me; I thought they were only making the Trektop NX (and Sunrider) for the JL.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Is there a Glide top for the JL? That’s news to me; I thought they were only making the Trektop NX (and Sunrider) for the JL.
No. There is also announcement, that I can find, from Bestop that a Glide will/has been scheduled for development. I think the post you got that reference from was a typo, i.e. JL/JK

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
That makes sense. I didn’t see anything about a JL Glide on the Bestop site. It’d be nice if they would step up on getting one done.

Coach22

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Ok, got my Trektop in and installed it yesterday. I don't see an easy way to completely remove the top.

And for the record, it is not a easy quick install. It might be better to take it down than put it on, but the install took 4-5 hours.

I had a Rampage bowless soft top on my JK and liked it. It was easier to take all the way off. But, I can tell the difference in the quality of this top. I think it is a much better top (of course cost indicates that as well). I went with the Twill, I guess it come down to "you don't want the cheaper cloth because you will always say you should have gotten the better". I am very happy with the twill. Road noise is comparable to the Hard top.

I think I really like the top, but don't buy it thinking you can just pull the thing off in a hurry. It is more time consuming, but the sunrider is nice. Really, why would you want back seats uncovered anyway??? You can literally put the top (sunrider) up or down at a stop light. It is that easy.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Rubi22

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Still can’t pull the trigger to purchase one, talked to a sales guy today and won’t come off easy for days when you want open air all the way, too many small pieces to remove. I love the look.
Sponsored