Sponsored

JL Trektop

SDJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2018
They’ll replace that piece with a new seal. I had the same issue. Within a few days of calling I had a new one and it has been perfect since.
Got a reply immediately from my email and called them today, they will be sending out new back window in 3-4 days!! :) awesome service! Glad to hear it fixes the problem. Thank you!
Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Took me two weeks plus to get a new tailgate seal sent to me. Still does not stop the back window from fluttering at highway speeds. @BestopTeam please come out with a fix!

electricmage

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I called bestop today to complain about the garbage rear seal falling off. what a bunch of crap they're selling. They told me they'd send replacement parts for free which is fine, but the CS rep sounded annoyed that I was pissed. You're damn right I'm pissed. It took me 6 hours working by myself to get this thing installed and the thing still doesn't work properly. How hard is a rear seal to develop?

They rushed this, plain and simple.

So sorry that I inconvenienced them buy purchasing a defective item. "defective", let that sink in. Bestop sells defective items.

I need to buy a window bag... Who has two thumbs and won't be paying anymore money to Bestop again? This guy.

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
I called bestop today to complain about the garbage rear seal falling off. what a bunch of crap they're selling. They told me they'd send replacement parts for free which is fine, but the CS rep sounded annoyed that I was pissed. You're damn right I'm pissed. It took me 6 hours working by myself to get this thing installed and the thing still doesn't work properly. How hard is a rear seal to develop?

They rushed this, plain and simple.

So sorry that I inconvenienced them buy purchasing a defective item. "defective", let that sink in. Bestop sells defective items.

I need to buy a window bag... Who has two thumbs and won't be paying anymore money to Bestop again? This guy.

I bought the window bag from them for windows. I have a 2 door so the back windows are significantly longer than the 4 door trektop. For some reason my windows won’t stay vertical and tend to slink down a bit in the bag and still get wrinkled. I mean it keeps them from taking up too much room in the already limited back. It’s a little too wide to fit nicely behind the back seats but if you strap it to the back of the front seats it fits a little better. It’s a toss up either way you look at it.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

The fluttering does have a fix, did you mention it to the rep you spoke to?

CassieAtBestop

Took me two weeks plus to get a new tailgate seal sent to me. Still does not stop the back window from fluttering at highway speeds. @BestopTeam please come out with a fix!

Sponsored

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @BestopTeam what is the fix? I REALLY want to buy what looks like an awesome product but am not going to spend that kind of money after reading this thread without some more knowledge.

Knowing what you have done to correct the flapping issue would go a long way toward helping ease doubts. Thanks!!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

A replacement part is sent (the top piece of the top) and the area that has flapping where we've added 6" of Velcro on each side on both pieces which will eliminate the flapping.

CassieAtBestop

Hey @BestopTeam what is the fix? I REALLY want to buy what looks like an awesome product but am not going to spend that kind of money after reading this thread without some more knowledge.

Knowing what you have done to correct the flapping issue would go a long way toward helping ease doubts. Thanks!!

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
So glad I just found this thread! The flapping has become too much - hard to talk at speeds over 55mph. Plus, within 30 minutes of driving the rubber seal falls out. See attached photo and this video for example of flapping around 60mph:

@BestopTeam I need a fix - the flapping is driving me nuts!

0907CAC8-0711-4F1E-A8A5-37633411C6D4.jpeg

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
So glad I just found this thread! The flapping has become too much - hard to talk at speeds over 55mph. Plus, within 30 minutes of driving the rubber seal falls out. See attached photo and this video for example of flapping around 60mph:

Call or email BestTop...they will send you a better bar that holds the back window in better....Weather stripping came off mine...called them, they sent me a new an improved one....works 150% better.

424hamst

First Name
Kal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Call or email BestTop...they will send you a better bar that holds the back window in better....Weather stripping came off mine...called them, they sent me a new an improved one....works 150% better.
Bestop did take care of our top. I got one when they originally released last year and our top was missing velcro on the rear of the top that attaches to the middle of the rear window. I sent them pictures of this along with the weather stripping issue and they made everything correct. For our issues, they ended up sending a new top, rear window and new rear crossbar that completely fixed all the issues we had. I would recommend calling them and sending photos of the rear top if the velcro is not there. Our hard top is back on for winter or I would send you photos of what I am referring to.

Good luck and hopefully it gets corrected, the flapping is unbearable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Give our customer service team a call this morning at 800-845-3567. They'll be in the office all day today and through early afternoon tomorrow given it being New Year's Eve.

I just emailed them the link to your video so give them a little time to take a look at it before you call.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
thanks for everyone’s reply - I just called Bestop and spoke to a very friendly customer service person. I have forwarded my original invoice and am awaiting next steps. Hope to get this resolved soon - this is awesome soft top weather right now in Florida!

8C84FA51-68C1-4EEB-A1FA-FF182D41BDEF.jpeg

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

thanks for everyone’s reply - I just called Bestop and spoke to a very friendly customer service person. I have forwarded my original invoice and am awaiting next steps. Hope to get this resolved soon - this is awesome soft top weather right now in Florida!

8C84FA51-68C1-4EEB-A1FA-FF182D41BDEF.jpeg
Update: I called Bestop customer service to follow up on this issue and they told me that they would review it and get back to me. A few days later I received an email saying that they would ship out a top and back window that had improved attachment points as well as a new rear window crossbar. They said that it would take about three weeks due to order backlog. It actually arrived about a week and a half later and is in my garage awaiting install. I will update after I test out the new top.

thanks again for everybody’s input. Bestop sure stepped up with a quick replacement. Hoping it rectifies the issues.

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Give our customer service team a call this morning at 800-845-3567. They'll be in the office all day today and through early afternoon tomorrow given it being New Year's Eve.

I just emailed them the link to your video so give them a little time to take a look at it before you call.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Hello, last year I received the first replacement rear seal and a new window because it was sagging and flapping. Today I had to drive 3 hours all highway with it once again flapping out of control, it almost felt like it was going to rip itself off. Since I'm at a year of ownership am I pretty much out of luck?
Sponsored