Sponsored

JL Retractable Sunshade

If it were available now, would you order a JL Retractable Sunshade?

• Total voters

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
The retractable Sunshade? I am taking this info to our meeting tomorrow, we will see :)

CassieAtBestop
Yes! We have confidence in Cassie to see this one through, so I can spend more money and continue to not feel bad about it.

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
The retractable Sunshade? I am taking this info to our meeting tomorrow, we will see :)

CassieAtBestop
The sun shade. You got it. We all can’t wait for it!

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase

CassieAtBestop
I'm sure the meeting went absolutely wonderful and you have a preliminary release date for the retractable sunshade. Right? :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ditto on that all at once deal. I've been considering a shade, but don't want to give up the open air when it's not mid day with the sun beating down. There's something very relaxing about driving through the woods at night with nothing but the stars and trees above.
To be completely honest I never really considered the sunrider, but if buying one adds the ability to get a retractable shade, I'm very likely to jump on board. It would be really great to be able to get the shade on it's own and use it with the oem hardtop, but beggers can't be choosers. Make this thing happen and you'll likely sell more sunriders too, because people like me want the shade.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey All,

I am still working this for you. As soon as i have updates i will let you know!
Will the retractable sun shade flap in the wind at highway speeds? When I looked at the video for the JK version, it looks like there is only one center point of connection, thus prone to tons of wind flapping. Please advise.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
I’m in and sign me up for a Sunrider Top and Retractable shade combo to fit the JL, if Gladiator compatible. I’ll pre-order tomorrow if so, just let me know when to place the order.

Sponsored

Lmike6453

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude (Black)
Ready to order when available! Today was scorching up and need something only for hot hours of day.

Lmike6453

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude (Black)
At this point I just want a retractable sunshade under my freedom panels. I don't want to have to buy a $700+ sunrider as well. Maybe I'm being cheap, or not seeing the genius in the engineering, but I bought the trektop nx for my TJ for less than the cost of a sunrider. So I marked maybe, depending on the cost. But if it can be a standalone retractable sunshade without the need for a sunrider, then I am much more likely to purchase one.
@BestopTeam Wait we can't put the factory freedom tops on with this retractable shade installed?
We have to buy the Sunrider for it to fit?

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Mike, yes that's how I understand it. As best I can tell from pictures is that the shade mounts to the hardware of the Sunrider. The other issue I see (because I could easily fabricate a way to mount it otherwise) is that the shade will likely have clearance issues with the Freedom panels and/or their latches. I'd like to get my hands on a JL version of the shade to see if it could be adapted to fit without the Sunrdier, but as it is, it appears the design will only work with it.
I do agree that I'd 100% buy one if it worked with Freedom panels and the price was similar to the JK version (I'd pre-order now if I could). That said, I'd consider buying the combo depending on the price. I would hope there'd be some sort of discount for buying both at once.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Mike, yes that's how I understand it. As best I can tell from pictures is that the shade mounts to the hardware of the Sunrider. The other issue I see (because I could easily fabricate a way to mount it otherwise) is that the shade will likely have clearance issues with the Freedom panels and/or their latches.
BESTOP (Cassie?), can you verify if this is correct?