JL Rear Window defroster

sr1310

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab unlimited
My daughters 2019 MOAB JL Unlimited has had the defroster grid turn brown for the second time, we live in Florida and the Jeep is garage kept and has 14K miles. We purchased the Jeep new in 12/18 and the rear windshield was replaced the first time in August of 2019. The windshield has done the same thing again and the dealership is now saying it isn't a warranty issue even though it was the first time.
I have contacted Jeep Wave and we are now waiting a call back from them. We had to call them last time to have it done .
Anybody else have the same issue?

Jeep around light.jpg

jeep left.jpg
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Mine is brown. I suspect anyone who’s used theirs is brown as well. Is there something to be concerned about?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Is there something to be concerned about?
Bad build quality. But we knew that.

Why can't they get something so simple, something that has been there since who knows which dinosaur, right? If I were Mark Allen I'd have hidden from press when the JL came out.

Speaking of idiots, we now have a bunch thinking the plug-in Wrangler 4xE is a good idea. Hope they see this thread.

OP
OP

sr1310

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab unlimited
Thats just it, it has never been turned on,and.it keeps getting worse. Its not.right for sure and I assume it will wind up having issues later.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Near the shore? The copper will oxidize

Sponsored

OP
OP

sr1310

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab unlimited
We dont live on the beach, its a defect. The service manager even said it may do it again until they figure it out

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
We dont live on the beach, its a defect. The service manager even said it may do it again until they figure it out
I have had mine to the dealer twice for this. Both times they said this is " normal " oxidation. They checked every Wrangler in the shop and they were all the same way. Mine does operate fine just an eye sore.

OP
OP

sr1310

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab unlimited
Well good to hear it is still working!
If it is still under warranty, call Jeep Wave owner service, they are working on getting this one changed again. Service manager said it is a known issue.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

like other said atleast it works. my rear connection melted off the first time i used it.... that was a year ago and jeep wanted to keep my jeep for 3 days to fix it.... dont need it that bad. i snipped the wire out. no longer a need for it since i am comufornia and we dont get the built up moisture like most states. Just my 2cents. let it go tell it breaks. you'l never keep copper from discoloring and even more so on the wide sections. The old school thin wires where never noticeable for discoloring because of the small amount of real state it takes up
Sponsored